How Do I Keep Chocolate Chips Or Nuts From Settling While Baking Banana Bread
To prevent any larger chunk ingredients that you want to add to your banana bread from settling, coat the desired ingredients in flour. In this case, I have used a small ziploc bag and a small portion of the flour called for in my chocolate chip banana nut bread recipe, and combined my mini chocolate chips and walnuts with the flour.
A light coating of the flour will prevent my chocolate chips and nuts from sinking to the bottom of my baked banana bread loaf.
What Kind Of Gluten Free Flour To Use
Gluten Free Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. This information is solely based on my research and personal experience, and I provide it as a courtesy to my readers. Please consult your doctor or medical professional for any questions as it relates to your needs, particularly if you have celiac disease or a severe gluten allergy or intolerance. Products, manufacturing facilities, and ingredients change frequently, so you should always contact the manufacturer for the latest information.
The first couple of times I made this recipe, I used Bobs Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Blend. So if you keep a bag of that on hand, that will be your easiest option.
For those that dont keep an all-purpose blend in their pantry and prefer to work with individual flours and starches, I looked up a copycat recipe for the Bobs blend. This consisted of sweet rice flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, and xantham gum.
Again, it worked beautifully. But that is quite a laundry list of ingredients. Since this recipe has proven to be quite flexible , I wanted to test the basic combination of brown rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca starch, plus xanthan gum.
And this produced yet another fabulous batch of bread.
Given that all of these variations produce an amazing loaf of gluten free banana walnut bread, Id guess that you could use the King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour and still have success!
Read Also: Panera Bread West Lebanon Nh
Super Soft And Extra Moist Banana Bread Made Using Just One Bowlloaded With Chocolate Chips And Crunchy Walnuts
This banana bread is all you could ever ask in a banana bread. And the one recipe you’ll ever need when you have some leftover spotty brown bananas on the counter.
It’s super soft and extra moist.
It’s packed with chocolate chips and walnuts, but you can simply omit or replace with your favorite add-ins.
It’s simply made in a few minutes using just one bowl and a hand mixer , so clean up couldn’t be any easier.
For this recipe I’m using four large bananas for extra flavor and extra moisture. Make sure the bananas are ripe. You know, the softer they are the sweeter they taste.
You can mash them using a fork, a potato ricer or simply, like you can see in my video below, with the hand mixer.
Cut the banana in large chunks and place in the large bowl. Turn the mixer to low speed and your banana will be mashed in less than a minute. Note, you don’t need to perfectly mesh them in a puree. Little piece of banana are just fine and add extra moisture to the bread at the end.
AND, for a richer and extra moist texture, I use Greek yogurt in combination with vegetable oil. You can substitute the yogurt with the same amount of sour cream, and the vegetable oil with 4 ounces of butter if you prefer.
– Use extra ripe bananas, extra sweet and deep in flavor. If your banana are not ripe enough, place them in a brown bag for a day, and they will be ready!
– When the bananas are very ripe, you can simply add to the bowl with other ingredients and mash using your hand mixer.
Recommended Reading: Gatorade Chocolate Caramel Protein Bars
Tender Banana Bread With Walnuts Or Chocolate Chips
If youre wondering why the world needs another banana bread recipe, you can bet that Im asking myself the same thing, too. But it feels right to put a banana bread recipe on this blog, since its something Ive been baking for my family for years and you all feel like part of my family. Plus, if ever there was a time for comfort baking, its now. Banana bread is the very epitome of comfort.
This tender banana bread is a hybrid of two different recipes Ive published in my cookbooks: One super healthy version, another more decadent. Ive combined what I love about both breads to land on a balanced loaf that my kids are crazy about. Ive worked whole grain flour into the mix, but not so much that it tastes like health food. Ive scaled back the sugar relative to typical recipes, but its still sweet enough. And the richness comes from heart-healthy extra-virgin olive oil rather than butter or vegetable oil.
The Best Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips Is So Easy And Just What Youve Been Looking For
Easy homemade Banana bread recipe is not only the best way to use up over-ripe bananas, but its possibly the best slice to go with your morning coffee! No mixer needed!
Better than anything store-bought, our buttery banana bread is fluffy, soft, moist and smells amazing while baking! Every bite is pure heaven everyone you serve it to will have a hard time stopping at just one slice. Guaranteed.
Just read the reviews!
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Buy Extraordinary Bites Keto Bread
Read Also: 1971 Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Allrecipes Community Tips And Praise
“This is the only banana bread recipe I will make,” says Anna Mae Dinio-Bloch. “It’s the perfect density and ‘sweetness’ with the chocolate chips added. A definite MUST have in your recipe box!”
“Added some nuts and a tablespoon of cocoa,” according to one Allrecipes community member. “Super easy recipe and turned out really well.”
“Best banana bread I have made,” raves another Allrecipes community member. “Lots of flavor and always comes out moist and delicious. I have made it in bread pans and as muffins.”
1cupsemisweet chocolate chips
The Best Moist Banana Bread With Walnuts And Chocolate Chips
This Moist Banana bread with walnuts and chocolate chips recipe is the BEST and probably the only banana bread recipe you will ever need!
Banana bread, also known as banana cake, is so delicious. Banana bread is one of the most popular desserts and goes well with almost everything! You can put any ingredients in it!
I always put nuts and chocolate chips in the bread for the extra crunch and sweetness, but banana bread can also be plain and served with ice cream. The best thing for me is I can quickly wrap them in plastic wrap and take them with me to work. One slice a day keeps the doctor away, well, at least the psychiatrist. LOL
Don’t Miss: Best Coffee And Espresso Maker Combo
How To Ripen Bananas For Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Dont have ripe bananas on hand? There are a few ways you can speed up the ripening process to make your bananas perfect for banana bread!
And there you have it! Ripe bananas that are going to make your chocolate chip banana bread extra delicious.
If you already have frozen ripe bananas, you can also use those. Just leave them out for about 30 minutes to 1 hour in order to thaw before using.
How To Store Banana Bread
Fresh out of the oven banana bread is one of the most delectable things ever. Youll need to know how to keep banana bread so it stays fresh and moist if you dont eat it all at once. Here are some suggestions for storing banana bread:
- Before storing the banana bread, allow it to cool fully.
- Keep banana bread at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Banana bread can be kept fresher for longer by being kept in the refrigerator. Just make sure to properly cover it in aluminum foil or cling film.
- Banana bread can be frozen as well. It should be securely wrapped in aluminum foil or cling film before going into a freezer bag.
Read Also: Are Chocolate Chips Gluten Free
How To Make This Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
The best moist banana bread starts with super ripe bananas with lots of brown or black spots. These will add concentrated banana flavor and sweetness to the batter.
?Note: There should still be some yellow peel remaining bananas that have become all brown-black probably will be starting to ooze liquid and should be discarded.
Ingredients Needed For This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Unsalted Butter bring the butter to room temperature before beating with the sugar. Cold butter doesnt mix well.
- Brown Sugar either light or dark brown sugar are both fine for this recipe. For a lighter loaf, use half brown sugar and half white sugar in the recipe.
- Large Eggs room temperature eggs will blend easier than cold eggs.
- Vanilla Extract adds flavor and delicious aroma.
- Cinnamon brings out the banana flavor.
- Sour Cream we use full fat sour cream to add moist flavor to this bread. Plain Greek yogurt is a healthy substitute.
- All-Purpose Flour we used classic AP flor for this recipe.
- Baking Soda leavening agent for the bread.
- Salt brings out the flavor of the ingredients.
- Bananas use up your over-ripe with dark brown or black spots.
- Chocolate Chips we used regular size milk chocolate chips, but dark chocolate or mini chips are delicious too!
- Walnuts you can chop whole walnuts yourself, or buy them pre-chopped for convenience.
Don’t Miss: Amazon Warehouse Jobs Cocoa Fl
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
Ultra tasty Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread is an easy to make quick bread that is super moist and loaded with flavors!
For the banana bread lovers in the house, this version includes even more of their favorite flavors with its melt-in-your-mouth mini chocolate chips and crushed black walnuts dotted throughout the moist bread.
My incredibly quick and easy Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread is super moist and extra tasty!
How Long Can You Make This Moist Banana Bread With Walnuts And Chocolate Chips In Advance
Banana bread can be good for about 5 days in the fridge if you wrap them well. I pretty much slice them and wrap them immediately after they cool down to room temperature. I also wrap them individually so I dont need to unwrap the whole bread and slice a piece every time.
Keep in mind that the more you unwrap the banana and leave them at room temperature, it will go bad faster.
So always wrap them separately all at once, then you can enjoy one slice at a time!
Read Also: Godiva Goldmark Assorted Chocolate Creations
Is This Banana Bread Healthy
This banana bread is made with whole wheat flour, which gives it a boost of fiber and makes it a healthier option than banana breads made with white flour. The addition of chocolate chips and walnuts also add some heart-healthy fats to the bread. However, this banana bread is still high in sugar and calories, so it should be enjoyed in moderation.
Do We Toast The Nuts Before Making This Moist Banana Bread With Walnuts And Chocolate Chips
Yes, I always toast my nuts before baking anything! Spending an extra 15 minutes to toast the nut that you are using is the game changer! The nuts are more flavourful and delicious this way.
You may think that you are baking the bread later anyway, and not toasting the nut. I highly recommend toasting the nuts ahead, It is just different and tastes a lot better with the nut toasted!
Also Check: Starbucks Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
How Ive Modified The Original Recipe
So over time, I have swapped a few ingredients here and there to give this gluten free banana bread recipe a more robust flavor.
- Butter: My recipe uses butter instead of vegetable oil for a richer taste.
- Maple Syrup: And some of the brown sugar has been swapped out for the boldness of maple syrup.
- Chocolate Chips: Also, since chocolate makes everything better, its now a gluten free chocolate chip banana bread.
- Less Sugar: Because the chips add sweetness, I decreased the sugar a bit. But I used my favorite trick of adding mini chocolate chips so that you get tons of little chocolate bursts without having to add a ton of chips.
Tips For Easy Banana Bread
- Mash your bananas well with a fork. Its fine if there is a few lumps.
- The batter should be thick and lumpy once all of the ingredients are mixed through. You may be tempted to add more liquid, but you wont need it. This banana bread is perfect.
- Do not be tempted to over mix!
- Use a pale coloured loaf pan light grey or white is ideal. Dark or black loaf pans are known to darken the bottom of cakes or loaves.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper. Leave a 3 inch overhang to make it easy to pull and lift the banana bread out of the pan.
- Place your loaf onto a cooling rack to let cool, or enjoy a slice fresh out of the oven!
You May Like: Land O Lakes Hot Cocoa Mint
Need More Tasty Treats
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/356 FGrease a 2 lb loaf tin with butter and line with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until you have a light fluffy mixture.In a small bowl beat the eggs and vanilla together.In another bowl mash 2 bananas. Pour the eggs into the bananas and mix well.Start by adding a small amount of the egg and banana mixture to the butter, mixing all the time with the wooden spoon. Then gradually add the remaining eggs and banana mixture. You should have a loose batter.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Fold in the flour until it is all incorporated.Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Then pour the batter into the prepared tin. Cut the remaining banana in half lengthways and place on the batter, gently press it down a little bit.
- Place the tin on the middle shelf in the oven and bake for 50 60 minutes. The bread is done when you pierce it with a metal skewer and it comes out clean.Leave the loaf to cool in the tin for a little while then remove from the tin and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy warm or cold. Keep the loaf wrapped in tin foil and in your bread bin or fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Best Banana Bread With Walnuts And Chocolate Chips
Best Banana Bread With Walnuts And Chocolate Chips, How To Make Perfect Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Every Time | Delish Insanely Easy, Delish, KETO Banana Bread | NO SUGAR ADDED 2 NET CARBS Recipes, loaf choc skinnydietrecipes syphus bananabread baking, best-banana-bread-with-walnuts-and-chocolate-chips, The Cake Boutique.
There are thousands of banana bread recipes out therethis is the only one youll ever need.
Full recipe: delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50825/best-banana-bread-recipe/
Youtube video by Delish
Webif youre on the hunt for the best chocolate chip banana breadthen look no further. This one is so incredibly moist, flavorful, and loaded with chocolate chips. Forget about any other chocolate chip banana bread recipe because this is all youll ever need! How to make the best chocolate chip banana bread.
Webtips for the best banana bread. Webdivide the mixture into the two loaf pans. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. If the loaves begin to get too dark before they are done in the middle, cover with foil. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. All you need are some overripe bananas and. Webstep 1 preheat oven to 350º. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
Recommended Reading: Best Coffee Beans For Espresso