Can I Try Different Cake Mixes
Feel free to use whatever cake mix you have on hand or want to try with these cookies. Chocolate chip cake mix cookies work great with a vanilla or white cake mix but Im sure chocolate, fruit flavors, or even gluten free mixes would work well too!
As long as the ounces are similar to a regular boxed cake mix you wont have to adjust the other ingredients that were using. Also, keep in mind that you will just use the ingredients called for here and that you wont actually prepare the cake mix as written on the box.
What Is The Secret To Chewy Cookies
Rest the Dough A secret bakers trick is to rest your cookie dough in the fridge. You can rest it for at least an hour, which will evaporate some of the water and increase the sugar content, helping to keep your cookies chewy. The longer you allow your dough to rest in the fridge, the chewier your cookies will be.
How To Pipe Buttercream
Piping buttercream frosting may seem overwhelming for those not experienced with cake decorating, but by practicing just a couple of techniques you can create a expertly decorated cakes as well.
- Be sure to wait until the chocolate chip cookie cake has cooled completely before frosting, otherwise, the frosting will melt.
- Fit the piping bag with a star tip . Fold the top of the bag over one hand while using the other to scoop in the frosting with a spatula, filling the bag about half full.
- When piping stars or rosettes, hold the bag straight up and down. To make a star, hold the tip about 1/4-inch above the cookie cake and squeeze the bag to form a star. More pressure will make a larger star.
- To make a rosette, begin like making a star, but move the tip in a tight circle using even pressure. When the circle is complete, stop pressure, then lift the tip away.
- To get the hang of it before decorating the cake, you can practice on a scrap piece of parchment paper, then scrape the frosting back up and refill the piping bag.
Simply Recipes / Mark Beahm
Recommended Reading: Dutch Bros Coffee Los Angeles
How To Make Boxed Cake Mix Cookies
This is such a simple recipe! No all purpose flour necessary!
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Soften your butter in a large mixing bowl. Dont melt it, but make sure its almost to that point.
Cream your butter until its light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
Add the box of cake mix, eggs, vanilla and milk to the butter.
Beat on medium speed until smooth. Youll have a lush looking cookie dough.
Fold in your chocolate chips.
Doesnt that look amazing? They look just like homemade chocolate chip cookies, right?
Its time to scoop! Grab your first cookie sheet and lets get going with your favorite cookie scoop!
This recipe will make 24 cookies. You can put a dozen on each tray. I spread mine out because Id never made these before and wasnt sure if they would spread.
I pressed mine down with my palm.
Now its time to bake them! It took 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Place your tray of cookies on a wire cooling rack to cool off for about ten minutes then remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack to finish cooling off.
Why We Love Them
- Texture. A decadent soft cookie with slightly crisped edges that turns out perfectly every time. No need to worry about measuring flour!
- Taste. These yellow cake mix chocolate chip cookies taste both like a cookie and a bit like cake!
- Easy. Using a boxed cake mix plus a few extra baking staples means these are ready in just 20 minutes. Homemade chocolate chip cookies in a pinch!
- Fun! I dont know about you but I call a one-bowl recipe with easy cleanup fun!
Don’t Miss: How To Grow Cocoa Beans
How To Store This Layer Cake
This cake should be stored in the fridge and brought to room temperature before serving. The cookie dough will firm up in the fridge, so youll want it to soften before you cut and eat the cake.
Place leftover cake in an airtight container and refrigerate. It will stay fresh for 3-4 days!
- Prep Time:2 hours 30 minutes
- Cook Time:22 minutes
- Total Time:2 hours 52 minutes
How To Make Cake Mix Cookie Bars
If you are looking to make soft, chewy cake mix cookie bars, you start off by mixing your cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs together. Leave the chocolate chips out for now. Combine with a mixer or by hand.
Once the cake mix, oil, and eggs are mixed, toss in the chocolate chips and manually combine.
Spray a 9×13 pan and place your batter evenly throughout. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cookie bars from cake mix are easier than you think! Like I said, in about 30 minutes and with just 4 ingredients your family will be all smiles and ready for some dessert.
Read Also: Grand Traverse Pie Company East Lansing
You May Like: Coffee-lemon And Hot Water For Weight Loss
What Do I Need To Make Cake Mix Cookies At Home
To make these cake mix cookies you will need a boxed cake mix, oil, eggs, and chocolate chips. Thats it! Just four simple ingredients and you can whip up a batch of delicious cookies.
The best part: you dont have to drag out all the baking stuff. Your ingredients are, for the most part, already measured and ready to go in the boxed cake mix.
Nothing beats recipes from scratch but when it comes to finding a happy medium between delicious and easy, these chocolate chip cake mix cookies hit the nail on the head!
Why Youll Love This Easy Cookie Recipe:
- AN EASY COOKIE RECIPE: One of the easiest cookie recipes you can make, only 5 ingredients needed!
- KID FRIENDLY: The little ones can help make these delicious and easy cookies.
- SOFT COOKIES: Soft and warm, the texture of these babies is melt in the mouth good!
From pantry to table, these scrumptious chocolate cake mix cookies only take 30 mins!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Betty Crocker is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
Also Check: Quick Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookie Storage And Freezing:
- Storage Cookies will keep for 4-5 days at room temperature, when stored in an airtight container.
- Freezing Cookies can be frozen. Store in an airtight freezer container or freezer bag. The cookies will keep frozen for up to three months.
- Freezing dough the fully mixed cookie dough can be frozen. For best results, place the mixed dough on to a piece of parchment paper or press-and-seal wrap. Press the dough into a disk and wrap tightly in the paper or wrap. Place the wrapped dough into a freezer bag. The dough will keep for up to three months frozen. When ready to bake, thaw to room temperature before baking off the cookies.
How To Make Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
WET INGREDIENTS. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oil and sugars. Whisk in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla till smooth.
DRY INGREDIENTS. Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk till blended.
COMBINE. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir gently till just combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
BAKE. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or till set in the middle. After a couple minutes, remove to cooling racks to cool.
How To Make Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan with either butter or cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the yellow cake mix , 5 tablespoons of melted butter and two eggs
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake for 25 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Other White Cake Mix Recipes
Did you enjoy this easy cookie recipe? Great! But dont stop there! You can make so many different things using a white cake mix. Here are a few of my suggestions:
- Use a white cake mix as a base for a luscious pineapple upside-down cake. Add butter in place of oil to change the color of the cake.
- Make this amazing Brown Butter Walnut Cake using a white cake mix. Follow the directions in the attached post.
- Zebra stripe cake technique: Youre going to love this one and it starts with a simple white cake mix.
- Check out this cake mix cookie recipe from South Your Mouth!
Thanks for stopping in! Check out my Step Out of the Box page to learn more about Out of the Box Baking!
You May Like: Alternatives To Coffee For Energy
Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Looking for a quick and easy chocolate chip cookie recipe? Cake mix cookie bars packed with gooey chocolate chips are the answer!
These delicious 4-ingredient chocolate chip cake mix cookie bars are soft on the inside and slightly crispy around the edges and couldnt be easier to make.
Here Is Why This Recipe Is Amazing:
- Simple pantry ingredients are all you need to have chocolate chip cookies out of the oven in under 10 minutes.
- Use your favorite yellow cake mix from Duncan Hines, betty crocker, store brand or even a homemade cake mix.
- A box of cake mix is the main ingredient and they are usually on sale so this is a frugal dessert to make.
- These cookies can be easily be mixed by hand. No mixer is needed!
Also Check: Cuisinart Coffee On Demand Coffee Maker
How To Make Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies With A Cake Mix
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 double chocolate chip cookie cake recipe that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
Also Check: Keurig Hot And Iced Coffee Maker
What We Love About This Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
This is the perfect recipe to make delicious chewy cookies with a box of cake mix. Homemade chocolate chip cookies do not have to be hard or time consuming. This is one of the easiest ways to make chewy chocolate chip cookies.
- 20 Minute Dessert: Make this cake batter chocolate chip cookies so quickly.
- Simple Ingredients: All found in pantry or refrigerator.
- Family Friendly: This great recipe is a family favorite and the kids can help too.
Can These Cookies Be Frozen
These cookies will freeze well in an airtight container for up to 3 months. The best way to freeze the cookies is to lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet in the freezer for a couple of hours . Then take the frozen cookies and place them in a container and continue to freeze for up to 3 months.
This method helps because each cookie is individually frozen. That allows you to easily take only a few cookies out at a time.
You May Like: How Much Caffeine Is In Instant Coffee
How To Make Cake Mix Cookies With Chocolate Chips Basic Instructions
How To Make Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies:
First thing preheat your oven.
Second, mix all of the ingredients together except the chocolate chips. This will be thick but that is normal.
Next, stir in the chocolate chips. Be gentle!
Lastly, put the cookie dough on the baking sheet by the spoonful. I like to use a cookie scoop to do this but its not necessary.
However, it sure makes it easy and you can scoop a ton of cookies quickly. It also helps to ensure the cookies are all the same size which helps them bake evenly.
Bake until they get just slightly brown around the edges. Let them cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before you move them.
This is really important as moving too soon can cause the cookies to break. You dont want to rush this step and have the cookies fall apart.
Move the cookies to a wire rack so they can cool completely. This recipe is really that simple!
You May Like: Best Cocoa Powder For Hot Chocolate
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
The best quick and easy chocolate chip cookie cake recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Rich, soft, chewy and starts off with a yellow cake mix. Decorated with chocolate frosting and sprinkles.
This homemade version is better than any cake you will get at the grocery store bakery aisle! They are decorated for every Holiday or occasion. It really is one of the easiest cakes you will ever make, just like this Cookies and Cream Cake . Plus, its fun to make for kids birthday parties.
Yellow Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil, until well combined and cookie dough has formed.
2. Fold in milk chocolate chips.
3. Use a 1 inch cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough balls onto the parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack, and enjoy!
This is such a simple recipe that makes really delicious cookies. We obviously recommend making cookies with your next box of Betty Crocker cake mix. You have so many cookie possibilities from one easy recipe. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below! Also send us your best cake mix hacks! We love anything that makes baking sweet treats easier!
You May Like: Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Easy Yellow Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Recipe
This easy Yellow Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Recipe is a great way to turn an ordinary cake mix into a delicious handheld treat perfect for lunch boxes, bake sales and potluck dinners.
This is a great recipe for using up extra cake mixes you might have from super-coupon shopping and is also just a nice, quick dessert to make any time.
Starting desserts with a cake mix saves a lot of time and they can be so easy to make. Some of our other favorite recipes starting with a cake mix are this easy Fruit Cocktail Cake recipe and this filled cake mix cookies recipe. Both delicious!
These bars are easier to make than cake and much less messy you can eat them with your hands. It’s a perfect portable dessert
To lighten up the recipe:
If you want to reduce the fat content of the recipe, I will often replace half of the butter with applesauce and you can also substitute 1 Tbsp soy flour and 1 Tbsp water for one of the eggs.
How To Make Cake Mix Cookies
I dont make many things with cake mixes, but when I do, its usually chocolate chip cake mix cookies and its usually because I have cake mixed in my pantry that are going to expire. I love buying cake mixes and thinking that I am going to get around to making all sorts of lovely recipes with them and then reality sets in. No youre not, Karlynn, because you buy those cake mixes spur of the moment and then they get lost in your pantry until you do a pantry purge. Then you panic. Sounds about right! The type of chocolate chips vary from cookie to cookie, all depending on what I have in the pantry at the time.
Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Get out a 9×13 pan but do not grease.
Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pat the dough into the 9×13 cake pan in an even layer.
Bake in the oven for 19-22 minutes or until the edges are baked and the middle has JUST set and cooked. You want these fudgy and delicious!
Remove and cool for 10 minutes, then slice into cookie bars. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days at room temp.
Also Check: Walmart Coffee Tables And End Tables