How Do You Make Chocolate Ganache
Use good quality chocolate, normally I try to use only chocolate bars and not chips, but if you have to you can use chips, I used a combo below. Then heat your heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl or in a small pot over low heat. Heat until warmed up, not boiling. Pour over chopped chocolate or chocolate chips.
Let the chocolate and cream mixture sit for at least 5 minutes, the cream will melt the chocolate. Then use a whisk and mix together, until you get a smooth glossy texture.
Assembling The Cake Tips
First, the cake layers will be so much easier to frost if they are cold. Stick them in the freezer while you make the frosting.
Use 1 cup of frosting in each cake layer. Use an offset spatula to smooth the frosting down.
To avoid crumbs getting into the frosting, apply a very light layer of frosting over the cake. Then, freeze for 15 minutes to lock the crumbs in.
Then, you can frost the rest of the cake.
How Do I Make Strawberry Mousse
To begin start by sprinkling the gelatin over ¼ cup of water in a small bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the strawberris and sugar to the bowl of a food processor.
- Puree the strawberries and sugar until smooth.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat, and add gelatin mixture to strawberry mixture, stirring constantly until the gelatin dissolves.
*Cover and chill the strawberry mixture until slightly thickened about 30 minutes, stir the mixture every 10 minutes to keep it smooth.
- Whip cream at low speed until foamy gradually increase speed to medium-high, and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture until well blended.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes or just until mixture has firmed up enough to be used as filling.
Don’t Miss: Coffee-lemon And Hot Water For Weight Loss
Chocolate Cake With Strawberries
Chocolate Strawberry Cake is the easiest layered chocolate cake Ive ever made. A very simple chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries are used for the mid layer and the topping. The best combination of chocolate and strawberries ever!
Love the combination of chocolate and strawberries? You should see our strawberry and chocolate brownies and pink chocolate covered strawberries with too! If you want a very easy treat, then check out our chocolate tartlets with strawberries!
Okay our all time favorite dessert is walnut baklava, but we love to make cake recipes too! A chocolate cake with strawberries has always a special role in our lives. It is the same for most of you, isn’t it?
I used my ultimate chocolate cake recipe here which is really simple and turned it into a wonderful chocolate strawberry cake. What I love about this recipe is everything for the cake is in one bowl. Its always great to have less mess in the kitchen when baking something, isnt it? I made a super easy strawberry cake filling that doesn’t require any professional skills.
This chocolate cake with strawberry is perfectly fluffy and the chocolate ganacheadds a wonderful richness to it. Not to mention the beauty and refreshment added by fresh strawberries.
Feeling in the mood for cookies? Try our recipe for chocolate strawberry cookies!
How To Make The Strawberry Filling
- Puree strawberries with a food processor and transfer to a shallow pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar and flour over the strawberries and add some lemon juice.
- Cook the strawberries over medium heat until they thicken. Its important to add just the right amount of flour. Too little flour, and the puree will be too thin, but too much flour might make it a little too thick for you.
- So, use your best judgement, and start with one tablespoon of flour and if your puree doesnt thicken, you can add some additional flour, up to one additional tablespoon.
When its time to add the filling to your cake, you will first make a dam around the outside edge with the frosting, so that the filling doesnt seep out the sides of your cake.
The strawberry filling is pretty sweet, but its a perfect balance because the cake isnt overly sweet nor is the frosting. The best bites are the ones that have all 3 elements!
Recommended Reading: Soft Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
A Note On Salt And Oven Temperature
It is important to note the type of salt that is called for in a recipe. I use Diamond Crystal salt throughout my recipes – if you use a different sort of kosher salt or regular table salt you will need to adjust accordingly as some salt is ‘saltier’ than others. Morton’s salt is twice as salty, so you will need half the quantity. Same goes for a regular table salt. I am working to get gram measurements throughout my recipes for salt but still getting there.
All oven temperatures are conventional unless otherwise stated. If you are baking on fan / convection, you will need to adjust the temperature. An oven thermometer is a great investment to ensure that your oven is the correct temperature.
Chocolate Cake With Strawberry Cream Filling
February 22, 2012 by TheWhiteRamekins
It has been ages since I last blogged baking. Not that I was not baking at home but had been busy in other stuff. I know it took me long to come back, but the urge to be back was constantly thriving in my heart. And what could be better reason, when I had recently bought my new Nikon DSLR D3100 camera, which is an entry level DSLR, but good enough to get clean and beautiful shots . Last Thursday, My friend invited me for a dinner party at his home next day, and his wife had asked for a chocolate cake. As the party was arranged for Friday, so I was little hard pressed as these days, its getting little late at work in the evening. So, I thought of baking the cake in two days. Now I had to find a recipe fast, which should not be too difficult and time consuming.
I searched through the internet and found this wonderful recipe with strawberries. I quickly read the recipe and felt happy to see that most of the ingredients I had already stocked in my inventory . Because of the time constraint, I baked the cake one day in advance, covered it with a cling wrap and piled it up in fridge to be frosted the other day.
Note that I halved the below recipe.
275gm dark chocolate, room temperature
150ml low fat cream, room temperature
Recommended Reading: Nature Valley Granola Bars Dark Chocolate
How To Make The Strawberry Filling For A Chocolate Cake
Heck, you can make this strawberry cake filling a few days in advance. You want the strawberry filling to sit in the fridge to set up perfectly.
The recipe I used made enough strawberry filling for two 8 inch cakes, so we used the extra on some waffles. Not sure which way I enjoyed it more.
I had fresh strawberries but you can use frozen strawberries as well, just not the ones with sugar syrup. I am sure this recipe would work for raspberries or mixed berries if that suits your tastes.
How To Make The Chocolate Cake
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 350F. Prep your cake pans.
- Mix wet ingredients: Start by combing the granulated sugar with the, eggs, oil and vanilla extract and beat them together until fluffy. Then add sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Combine dry ingredients
- Alternate adding half the wet and dry ingredients at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pans dividing the batter evenly.
- Bake: These cakes bake at 350F for 20-24 minutes. Rotate your pans in the oven halfway through baking to allow for even baking.
- Cool to room temperature before frosting.
Also Check: Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie
How To Make Chocolate Cake
2CM Tip: Make a 6-layer cake by cutting each of the layers in half horizontally. You will need to make more filling for the extra layers.
What Is The Best Frosting For A Chocolate Cake With Strawberry Filling
We used a white buttercream but a cream cheese frosting would be great too. Since we did not use any frosting for the filling, this cake had a great thick layer of white buttercream frosting.
Of course, he wanted to have chocolate sprinkles, so that was the extent of the decorations for this dark chocolate cake with strawberry filling.
Slice into this decadent yet delicious dark chocolate cake for your next special occasion. Trust me this might be a keeper for your birthday too.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Iced Coffee From Keurig
Tips For Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- If this is your first time making Swiss meringue buttercream, I recommend reading through all my tips.
- Use a high-quality chocolate bar for this frosting. The flavor of this frosting is entirely from your chocolate. While I prefer dark chocolate, milk chocolate would work fine to. Ive never made it with chocolate chips simply because chocolate chips are coated to prevent them from melting at high temperatures and often it produces a more oily consistency when melted.
- Melt the chocolate after you start to beat your egg whites in the mixer, this will allow time for it to cool. I recommend microwaving it at 50% power, so it does not burn or seize.
- I always recommend using a candy thermometer when heating the egg whites. You can buy them at Target for $10. You need to cook the egg whites and sugar to 140°F 160°F and the candy thermometer is of course helpful for that.
- As the butter is added, the meringue starts to lose its shape and it will start to look curdled. Thats okay! Once all the butter has been added, switch to the paddle attachment.
- Continue beating the frosting and it will eventually come back together and into a silky-smooth texture. As this is happening, youll add the cooled, melted chocolate.
- If you feel that your buttercream is too runny, throw it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes and then rewhip it with the paddle attachment.
Homemade Chocolate Cake With Strawberries
This layer cake is super moist and extremely rich. Chocolate flavor abounds in the layers and it doesn’t stop there! Topped off with a creamy chocolate cream cheese frosting it’s a chocolate lover’s dream come true. Of course, the magic combo of a chocolate cake with strawberries truly makes this dessert a standout! It’s a cake everyone is sure to fall in love with.
Don’t Miss: Chocolate Pudding Shots With Baileys
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
This chocolate covered strawberry cake is a layered brownie cake with strawberry frosting. The brownie cake is extra moist and rich chocolate cake. It is filled with strawberry cream cheese frosting made with freeze dried strawberries. It is topped with a chocolate drip and chocolate covered strawberries.
This chocolate covered strawberry is the exact cake I would want for Valentine’s Day! It is a rich brownie cake with this incredible strawberry cream cheese frosting.
The Perfect Chocolate Cake
Ingredients for the Perfect Chocolate Cake
How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Cake
- Start by combining the wet ingredients in one bowl, whisking to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, youll then combine the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Note: the batter is thin, but dont let that scare you. With buttermilk, oil, and water , theres a lot of liquid which means, this cake is ultra moist!
Also Check: Coffee Maker With Water Line
How To Decorate A Cake With Strawberries And Roses
After frosting the sides and top of the chocolate & strawberry cake, pipe a little frosting where you would like to place strawberries. Place a strawberry on top of the frosting and lightly press down to hold it in place.
Now fill in the gaps around the edge with roses or other flowers of your choice. Fill in the center with more flowers, strawberries, whole or sliced, or even chocolate shavings.
Chill the cake to make it easier to slice. Just a note, prior to serving I like to remove any decoration I have added to the center as it will interfere with the slicing.
Believe it or not, anyone can make this cake. And decorating it is so much fun. Doesn’t it just look ready to WOW for that special occasion? All that deep chocolate richness full of fresh, beautiful pink strawberry filling is calling your name!
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 You can bake the cake layers a day in advance and wrap them well in plastic wrap. The cake layers can also be frozen for up to a month if packaged in freezer bags.
- tip 2 You can make this cake in a 13×9-inch pan following directions on the box. Frost, and top the cake with sliced strawberries. The mini chips can be sprinkled over the top or just around the outside edge of the cake.
Recommended Reading: How To Grow Cocoa Beans
Why You Will Love This
- Chocolate brownie cake- This is a layered chocolate cake that has both cocoa powder and melted chocolate in the cake batter.
- Strawberry cream cheese frosting- The frosting is made with ground freeze dried strawberries to give it a strong natural strawberry flavor.
- Chocolate drip- You can’t have a chocolate cake without a chocolate drip!
- Chocolate covered strawberries- On top is chocolate covered strawberries. This is optional, but it just pulls the whole cake together.
How To Work Ahead To Make Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Cake:
- The cake can be baked 1-2 days before assembling and kept, wrapped, at room temperature. To work further ahead the cakes can be frozen for up to a month.
- The buttercream can be made ahead and held in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or frozen for up to a month. Bring the buttercream back to room temperature and re-whip before using.
- The strawberry powder can be made the day before and kept in a moisture proof container.
- The strawberry puree can be made the day before and kept refrigerated until youre ready to assemble the cake.
- The assembled cake can be made the day before youre ready to serve. Leave the cake at room temperature for 30-60 minutes before serving to allow the buttercream to soften.
Recommended Reading: Cake With Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Strawberry Filled Dark Chocolate Layer Cake
My family is not really a baked cake type of family. Ill occasionally whip up a cake out of boxed mix but truthfully, I rarely make cakes from scratch. However, Im trying to do more baking and with Valentines Day coming up, I decided to pull out my apron, grab a few ingredients and make the a moist, decadent Strawberry Filled Dark Chocolate Layer Cake. I will warn you, this is the most delicious cake my family has every tasted and if you make it yourself, youre guaranteed to be asked to make it time and again. Read on to learn how to make this totally impressive and crazy delicious Strawberry Filled Dark Chocolate Layer Cake.
Before we get started, lets just establish the fact that making this Strawberry Filled Dark Chocolate Layer Cake needs to be a weekend or day-off project. Its not that its overly difficult to make but you will need to cool the cakes completely, chill the strawberry filling for it to thicken and put it all together. With that being said, by following the simple steps below, this is a cake that anyone can make!
Like I mentioned before, Im not a bake and I know that this recipe has quite a few steps but following them is easy and this cake is totally worth it. To start, I added the dry ingredients for my cake to my mixing bowl and whisked them together.
I then added my buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla and combined the ingredients well. At this point I had a thick, dense batter that looked like this.
Chocolate Cake With Strawberry Filling
Sharing is caring!
This chocolate cake with strawberry filling is the perfect summer bake. The rich chocolate cake layers are frosted with strawberry cream cheese frosting and filled with more fresh strawberries.
Strawberries and chocolate is a classic and delicious combo. So what better way to enjoy this combo than in cake form. This chocolate cake with strawberry filling is everything youd want in a strawberry chocolate cake. Moist chocolate cake layers, strawberry cream cheese frosting and lots fresh strawberries! Its the perfect cake for any occasion. So what makes this cake so special? Lets start by break down the cake layers.
- From the bottom you got a deliciously moist and chocolaty cake layer that is topped with strawberry cream cheese frosting.
- Then you got that same delicious cake layer. Now this cake layer is topped with strawberries and cream. See all those strawberries in the middle? Youll be mixing lots of fresh strawberries with a little bit of frosting and whipping cream. This creates a light, fluffy and loaded with strawberries filling.
- Top this off with the last cake layer and strawberry cream cheese frosting. Then add sliced strawberries on top.
And one more thing, this chocolate cake with strawberry filling is pretty simple to make. Because what baker doesnt like a simple cake that looks and tastes amazing?! So lets get started!
Also Check: Galletas De Chispas De Chocolate Recetas