How To Make Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
The steps are extra easy for these cookiesno mixer or chill time required! Here is a quick rundown of the steps, but for the full recipe scroll down to the recipe card!
Refrigerate Dough Before Baking
A BIG piece of advice: refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour before baking!
If your dough is too warm, it will get sticky and youll have trouble rolling them into balls or dropping them on your baking sheet. Worst of all, they will spread a lot faster in the oven and youll end up with shapeless cookies that are way too flat.
If the dough is sticky, dont just add more flour . Adding more flour will only make your cookies dry and tough. Most likely, all you need to do is chill the dough.
Once again: chill the cookie dough before baking! Mkay.
How To Freeze Cookie Dough
If youd like to freeze some of the cookie dough, I would suggest portioning and rolling out your dough first, placing the cookie dough on a silicone or parchment paper lined pan and freezing the cookie dough on the pan for 1 hour. At this point youll be able to toss all of the cookie dough balls into a zip top bag without the dough sticking to each other and youll be able to bake just a few cookies at a time.
Read Also: Nature Valley Granola Bars Dark Chocolate
Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Instructions
Cream the butter and the sugars together. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix together some more.
In a separate Mixing Bowl, mix together flour, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder.
Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, and thoroughly mix together. Dump in the chocolate chips and mix some more.
with parchment paper.
Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. The sea salt chocolate chip cookie bars are done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cut the cookie bars into squares and serve.
More Of Our Favorite Cookie Recipes
These cookies hold a special place in my heart. My friend brought me a meal after my first miscarriage and brought these cookies for dessert. They were so perfect I was convinced they were slice and bake, so I slyly said to her, “the cookies you brought are SO delicious, how did you make them?” Lo and behold they were from scratch and she shared the recipe with me!
Her sweet gesture took a very dark season in my life and made it a little brighter. You see, after our daughter Bethany turned one-year-old we were ready to have another baby! We found out I was pregnant with twins, but things didn’t look great. There were no heartbeats, and although it was early we were fairly certain that it wasn’t a viable pregnancy. We waited two weeks just to be sure, and then I was scheduled to have a D& C and say goodbye to our babies.
This began one of the most difficult, trying times in my life. I was in a cloud of postpartum depression with no sweet baby to snuggle the blues away. My friends and family came alongside of me and I began to heal. I experienced another miscarriage and then got pregnant with my son, Gabe.
Life is too uncertain to take a minute for granted. Spread love, make cookies. That’s my motto!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine!
Don’t Miss: Best Coffee Cup To Go
How To Freeze Oatmeal Cookie Dough
Instead of baking, you can also freeze the oatmeal cookie dough balls to bake them later.
How To Make A Roman Holiday Cocktail
“Twins That Cook” Aria and Maya Christian started a baking business out of their Brooklyn, NY home during the pandemic and haven’t looked back. The OG, which stands for original gangster, is what they call this mouthwatering take on the classic chocolate chip cookie. They mix brown butter into the dough, use two types of chocolate, melt extra chunks of dark chocolate onto each cookie right after baking and then sprinkle the tops with sea salt. As Rach says, YUM!
Recommended Reading: Cake With Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Why We Love These Double Chocolate Salted Cookies
- You dont have to chill the dough. You can can go right into feeding the cookie beast as soon as possible.
- You make everything in one bowl.
- You dont need a bunch of fancy chocolate. Regular old Hersheys cocoa and some good semi-sweet chocolate chips will do the trick.
- They are not kale and your friends will like you
Need more cookies in your life? Try our other favorite easy cookie: Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies! More chub, more friends, yay!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? , and while youre at itWe love to see your pics!
This Is The Best Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookie Recipe Ever
For the sake of really staying true to myself, I knew I had to make this recipe as simple as possible because when those cravings hit you dont want to spend hours working on a cookie recipe.
Or even having to go out of your way to buy crazy ingredients to make a simple recipe either. So I hope you enjoy this simple yet absolutely delectable chocolate chip cookie recipe with a twist!
You May Like: Things To Cover In Chocolate
Why Salted Butter And Coarse Sea Salt
Wellthese are Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookiesits literally the name of the recipe lol! BUT if you just arent into salt in your cookies no problem at all! You can use unsalted butter and leave out the coarse sea salt. If you use unsalted butter you will want to add back a little more salt though, 1/2 teaspoon is what I would recommend for anyone with a salt sensitivity.
But using salted butter and coarse sea salt really creates the magic of these cookies in my opinion.
Once, about 16 years ago, my mom was making cookies in my kitchen and couldnt find the salt so used my coarse sea salt instead and I couldnt believe how delicious it was! The little bits of salt throughout the cookie was an incredible combination with the sweet chocolate. Ever since then, this is how weve been making cookiesway before the sea salt trend started!
Is Refrigerating Cookie Dough Necessary
Cookie doughs are not all the same. Some cookie doughs are not as thick as other cookie doughs. And some cookie doughs are stickier than others.
Chilling the cookie dough in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, or more , helps the cookie dough set up or firm up so its not so sticky and also it wont spread out into a thinner cookie on the cookie sheet while baking in the oven. Even chilling cookie dough for at least 30 to 60 minutes makes a big difference.
You May Like: Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Why You Need To Make This Recipe
- This recipe combined the best of flavors and puts them in a chocolate chip cookie.
- You can use either store bought toffee or make your own as well for it.
- These cookies can be made using a stand mixer or by hand.
- The cookies are extra soft and chewy. Just how a chocolate chip cookie should be.
- This is an extra versatile recipe that you can make with milk chocolate chip, regular semi sweet chocolate chips, or even dark chocolate chips if you want to sophisticated.
- This recipe will allow you to enjoy your favorite Crumbl cookie without having to wait months for it to combeack in stores.
- You will also save a ton of money making these at home instead of buying them in stores too!
The Addition Of Sea Salt To My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Takes Your Cookie To The Highest Level Of Yum
So pretty much everything is better with sea salt on top right? Well, at least these chocolate chip cookies are. I mean, this is pretty much identical to my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, the only difference is the addition of sea salt. But these chocolate chip cookies with sea salt are seriously so good, they deserve their own post.
Pin these chocolate chip cookies with sea salt for later! It takes these cookies to the next level and makes them even more amazing than they already are to start with. So if were being honest, these chocolate chip cookies with sea salt are actually my favorite chocolate chip cookie.
The combination of the chewy cookie with a slightly crisp edge, stuffed full of sweet creamy milk chocolate chips , and then just a little bit of saltiness with the sea salt on top. The salt brings out the sweetness of the chocolate chips. Its perfection my friends. And youve gotta have the coarse sea salt to add just the teeniest bit of crunch to your cookie.
Dont forget to serve them with a huge glass of milk!
Don’t Miss: Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha Creamer
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions
The only ingredient I feel confident that can be changed up is the mix-ins. Chocolate chips, sprinkles, peanut butter chips, etc. DO NOT change anything else in this recipe. If you do I cannot guarantee they will turn out. However, here are some tested substitutions.
- Butter. I use salted butter, but unsalted butter would also be great. I just recommend tasting the dough to ensure that it’s salted to your liking.
- White Sugar. You can use granulated white sugar or organic cane sugar.
- Brown sugar. I use light brown sugar in this recipe for the best results.
- Flour. I recommend using an unbleached, all-purpose flour to make these chocolate chip cookies. Many readers have used gluten-free all-purpose flour with excellent results. Or, try these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies.
- Sea Salt. I exclusively bake and cook with pure, fine sea salt. Sea salt is different than table salt , so if you use salt other than sea salt I recommend testing the recipe first with ½ tsp and then adjusting to your taste.
- Chocolate Chips. As you can see from the photos, sometimes I use chocolate chunks, chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips. It doesn’t matter what you use, as long as you use 2 cups.
How To Make Chewy And Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recommended Reading: Door Co Coffee And Tea
Line A Cookie Sheet With Parchment Paper
Next, we will need to line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. We are advising you to use parchment paper. Without it, the cookies will spread out more than usual, hence, becoming thinner and crunchier, and running into the cookie next to it, and also the cookies could stick to the cookie sheet even if you apply a cooking spray first.
Drop the cookie dough out of the cookie scoop onto the parchment paper. The photo below is for demonstration purposes only, so you can put 12 scoops of cookie dough on the cookie sheet instead of the five shown, and space them about 2 inches apart from each other.
Note: It is easier to drop the cookie dough on the parchment paper if you cut the parchment paper the exact size of the cookie sheet so it will lay flat.
The Importance Of Room Temperature Ingredients
In order to properly mix, cream or emulsify ingredients they need to be incorporated at room temperature unless stated otherwise. Adding cold ingredients can create a lumpy or curdled batter instead of a batter that is luxuriously velvety, light and fluffy.
If you haven’t remembered to remove your ingredients from the fridge a few hours before baking, there are a few shortcuts that will help to bring ingredients to room temperature quickly!
Room Temperature Eggs: I like to cover my cold whole eggs with warm water for a few minutes before baking with them – after 3-5 minutes in warm water they will reach room temperature.
Room Temperature Dairy: To slightly warm butter and other dairy products I will use the microwave! Bring the microwave power down to 3, then lightly warm the ingredients in 30-second spurts until your dairy is room temperature butter is softened notmelted.
Also Check: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Is Parchment Paper Necessary
Sometimes its necessary to use parchment paper and sometimes its not. If the recipe you are making says to use parchment paper, then use it, and if the recipe doesnt mention using parchment paper, then you dont have to use it if you dont want to.
Parchment paper, or baking paper, is heat-resistant, greaseproof, and non-stick so no need to use cooking spray. Cookies or even banana bread wont stick to it. Its easy to clean up. Cookies cook more evenly when baking. It also helps thinner cookie dough from spreading out more than it would without it. Caution: Do not use parchment paper if the cooking temperature exceeds 400 degrees, or it could catch on fire.
Expert Tips And Variations
- Measure precisely – Weighing your ingredients with a kitchen scale will give you precise measurements and lead to cookie success!
- Chilling cookie dough – For the best results, chilling the cookie dough in the freezer is non-negotiable. This step firms up the butter and prevents the cookies from spreading too much in the oven.
- EXTRA chocolatey dark chocolate cookies – Theres no such thing as too much chocolate. For ultra chocolatey goodness, press a few additional pieces of chocolate into the top of each ball of dough before baking.
- Dont skip the sea salt – Dark chocolate sea salt cookies are a level above the rest. Just a pinch of flaked sea salt enhances all of the flavors in every bite.
- More cookie mix-ins – Its perfectly acceptable to pack your cookies with more than just dark chocolate. Try adding white chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or mini chocolate peanut butter cups .
Also Check: Galletas De Chispas De Chocolate Recetas
Some Helpful Tools To Make This Recipe:
- Cooling Rack this cooling rack has crossbars to reinforce it no more saggy, flimsy racks!
- Cookie Scoop Get perfectly sized cookies, every time!
- Sea Salt Flakes Youll love the texture and flavor of this sea salt!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
To Freeze Cookie Dough:
Since this chocolate chip cookie recipe makes so many cookies, I always make a full batch and freeze some. That way I have dough on hand for unexpected guests or whenever the cookie craving strikes.
I prefer to flash-freeze the cookie dough before putting it in an airtight container. To do this, roll the cookie dough into balls and space them out on a parchment lined baking sheet. Then put the baking sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes, or until the dough slightly freezes.
Once the dough is slightly frozen, transfer the cookie dough balls to an airtight container or plastic bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
How to bake frozen dough
There are two ways to bake frozen dough:
Also Check: How To Open Coffee Shop