Do Protein Bars Help You Lose Weight
YES! Protein bars can help you lose weight, especially if you eat a protein bar with healthy nutritional value . Protein bars contain protein which helps keep you full for more extended periods.
And when youre full, you have less desire to snack. Also, did you know that protein is vital if you want to enhance fat loss because it boosts your metabolism?
The value of protein extends FAR beyond weight loss. Read Why Women Need To Eat More Protein to get the scoop.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bars
These no-bake peanut butter chocolate protein bars taste delicious and each bar has 9 grams of protein. Plus, theyre so easy to make.
As both a personal trainer and a health coach, I have studied about the importance of fueling up after workouts. Within an hour of working out, its important to get a mix of protein and carbohydrates into your body protein to help rebuild muscles and carbohydrates help to rebuild energy stores.
I went through a major phase, constantly packing RXBARs for a post-workout snack. I was buying them by the case because they were that good.
It didnt take long for me to realize how much money I was spending on RXBARs and I figured I should probably reign it in. These copycat protein bars are a product of that realization, and you guystheyre amazing. Treat yourself to a protein bar for a fraction of the price! I cant wait to experiment with more flavors. Maple sea salt, Im looking at you!
What Kind Of Protein Powder
At the grocery store, you can find bars made from all sorts of different protein powders, such as brown rice protein, pea protein, whey protein, pumpkin seed, egg whites, hemp protein, collagen, casein, and soy protein.
Popular brands include Perfect Bars, Clif Bars, Luna Bars, RXBAR, Quest Bars, Kind, Think, Pure, One, Gatorade protein bars the list goes on and on.
In this recipe, Ive found that unsweetened protein powder is best, because the bars are sweet enough on their own without adding extra sugar or artificial sweeteners from the powder.
However, if you have a specific brand of flavored protein powder that you love, feel free to experiment , and let me know how it goes if you do!
Depending on the type of protein powder you choose, each of the bars in this healthy protein bar recipe will have around 10-12 grams of protein, or over 20 grams of protein if you make them into larger bars.
Leftover peanut butter? Make Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Don’t Miss: Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha Creamer
Make These Protein Bars Your Own
Feel free to mix and match the ingredients in these coconut chocolate protein bars. Work with what you have! Here are some suggestions:
- Choose your nut butter. I love using peanut butter in these protein bars but you can use any nut or seed butter youd like! Just be sure its a natural, drippy kind thats just nuts or seeds and salt. Sunflower seed butter would be wonderful for the kiddos lunch boxes.
- Get creative with dried fruit. I used dried tart cherries but feel free to go crazy with your fav kinds. Chopped dried figs, dates, or dried blueberries would all be amazing! Or you can skip the fruit all together like I do most of the time.
- Keep them vegan: these coconut chocolate protein bars are naturally sweetened with honey but feel free to use maple syrup or coconut palm syrup to keep them vegan. Be sure to use dairy free chocolate chips for the drizzle, too!
How Do You Make A Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar
Raw means no bake here.
Read: this recipe requires no baking.
If you have a stove then you can certainly make these Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars!
To begin, youll create a date paste just like we did in those Gluten Free Brownies! This is super simple and takes less than 5 minutes.
Heat dates with water. Blend to yield date paste.
Then, youll melt the healthy fats together with that sweetener source and/or maple syrup.
Heat peanut butter and sweetener with salt.
Lastly, youre going to combine all ingredients together and place in a baking dish to harden in the freezer.
Yes, no baking required remember!
Read Also: Hot Chocolate At Dunkin Donuts
Can I Make These Without A Food Processor
Yes! I like making these in a food processor because it’s easy to combine everything evenly, but you can also use a simple bowl, whisk, and spatula. Whisk together the dry ingredients first, and then use a spatula to mix in the liquid ingredients, being sure the peanut butter and maple syrup get evenly incorporated. You may need to use your hands at the end to finish bringing all of the ingredients together. I would also recommend using quick-cooking oats in this case, as they have a finer texture, closer to what you get by pulsing the oats in a food processor.
Substitution Recommendation To Make Them Vegan Protein Bars
To make these Peanut Butter Protein Bars into Vegan Protein Bars simply make the following substitutions:
- Substitute honey for agave. You could also use maple syrup however we find that agave tends to be a better substitution for honey in this recipe as it also plays a role in the bars sticking together nicely.
- Use your favorite plant-based vanilla protein powder. See our favorites below.
Don’t Miss: Hersheys Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
Ingredients Youll Need To Make Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars
These chocolate peanut butter bars require just 7 ingredients. Following the recipe exactly will give you the best results but Ive included a few substitutions. Heres what youll need to make these protein bars.
Peanut butter: these arent peanut butter protein bars without peanut butter. I recommend a natural peanut butter made from just peanuts and salt. I prefer Santa Cruz Dark Roasted and Trader Joes, Whole Foods or Smuckers natural creamy peanut butter. Almond butter, sunflower butter, cashew butter or another nut or seed butter will work here.
Protein powder: I recommend HUM Nutritions Core Strength vanilla plant-based protein powder for the best results. It has a lightly sweet vanilla flavor and incredibly smooth texture. Its made from a combination of pumpkin, hemp, and pea protein that packs in 20 grams of protein per serving.
Coconut flour: this is KEY for structure! This low-carb flour absorbs moisture, firming up the bars without tasting flour-y. If you do not have coconut flour, Ive tested this recipe with oat flour. However, youll need closer to 1 cup of oat flour to get the same texture.
Honey: this unrefined sweetener adds a touch of sweetness and helps hold the bars together. You only need two tablespoons in the entire recipe. Maple syrup will work here too.
Vanilla extract: a little extra boost of flavor. I like adding a touch more vanilla even when using vanilla protein powder.
Serious Science Serious Great Taste
At Extend Nutrition, we’re all about Great Tasting, Clinically Proven Glycemic Control – managing blood glucose – your fuel. Extend Bars & Shakes are the only snacks Clinically Proven to Help Control Blood Sugar for up to 9 Hours! Our proprietary formula was issued 17 international patents and its efficacy is verified by 5 peer-reviewed clinical studies. to provide unrivaled help with blood sugar control.
Read Also: Things To Cover In Chocolate
Tips For Making Homemade Protein Bars
Here are all my tips to make the best protein bars at home. Perfect this recipe, and youll never want to buy the store bought bars again!
Use peanut butter protein powder. For a rich peanut buttery flavor, I recommend using a high-quality peanut butter protein powder. If you dont have this flavor, vanilla protein powder will work too.
Do not pack the protein powder. Instead, gently spoon the protein powder into a measuring cup. If you pack the protein powder into the measuring cup, you will use too much and the protein bars will be very dry.
Salt the bars. I love adding a sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top. It not only adds a delicious salty-sweet flavor, but it also decorates the protein bars!
How to make clean slices: Have you ever cut into a homemade dessert and caused it to crumble all over the place? This tip will change your life. Follow the simple steps below.
Why Should I Buy A
You can tell if you need or want a chocolate peanut butter protein bars by looking at your existing inventory. You probably dont need it and should reconsider buying it. If you cant get go of the old one, you could sell it and use the proceeds to buy the new one.This is a fun and easy approach to finish your task.
Lets face it, we all want to feel good about our purchases. But there are so many! How can you know which is best? You need not be concerned because Aids Quilt has your back. Our trained staff is here to help you find what works for you. Before making a final decision, you can take advantage of our free consultations. Let us show you how easy shopping for home audio equipment can be when you have an expert on your side!
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Chocolate Graham Crackers
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Protein Chewy Bars
CONTAINS PEANUT, SOY AND MILK INGREDIENTS.
- CHEWY GRANOLA BARS: Protein Granola Bars made with rich dark chocolate chips, roasted peanuts and creamy peanut butter to blast through your next craving A must-have for an on-the-go snack or in a lunch box
- PROTEIN PACKED: An excellent source of protein with 10 grams per serving, for a quick and natural energy boost The perfect snack to keep you going
- PERFECTLY PORTABLE: Convenient bars for snack time or an on-the-go invigorating treat Perfect for the pantry, lunch box, and hiking trail
- HEALTHY SNACK: Hearty whole grain oats with no artificial flavors, artificial colors, or high fructose corn syrup
- CONTAINS: 7.1 oz, 5 ct
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION: Proud to support schools and teachers as an official participating product
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
No bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars that taste just like a peanut butter cup. This low carb protein bar recipe will be your new favorite snack to keep in your fridge and enjoy all week long!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
Happy Monday, I hope your weekend was fabulous, healthy, happy and sunny.
Today were doing a throwback recipe from 2017. These peanut butter protein bars were so delicious that I had to redo the photos and hit publish on the blog again.
Ill occasionally do this with older recipes because 1) I dont want you to forget about them and 2) anything with peanut butter is always acceptable, right?!
Which Protein Powder Is Best
This and this are my favorite protein powders. Now that I think of it, chocolate flavored protein would probably be v tasty in here as well! I always go with plant-based protein powder so I have no idea how these would be with whey. Try at your own risk.
If you don’t have protein, you can swap it out for oats or coconut or whatever you fancy.
Can These Protein Bars Be Made Vegan
Yes, they can.
Depending on the type of protein powder you use of course. Unlike other protein bar recipes, I used dates and maple syrup to sweeten them.
Most traditionally use honey which negates the vegan aspect.
To make these vegan, I suggest checking out these sorts of protein powders:
Notes About The Ingredients
- Use a good quality vegan protein powder without added sugar. I use Iswari Super Vegan Protein powder in banana vanilla flavor. You can also use natural or plain vanilla flavored protein.
- You can go for crunchy or creamy peanut butter, depending on whether you want chunks of peanuts in the nougat and caramel. Some peanut butter has added oils and sugars, so avoid these if you don’t want the recipe to be as sweet.
- Grung flaxseeds act as a binding agent as they soak in moisture and hold the vegan protein bars together once set. Flaxseeds also add omega-3 fatty acids to the bars .
- For the non-dairy milk, you can go for your favorite. I use soy milk as it also has a high protein content, but you can use almond milk, oat milk, or even vanilla flavored plant based milks if your prefer.
- You can use dark chocolate or vegan milk chocolate depending on your taste. The recipe can be adapted as refined sugar-free with naturally sweetened chocolate.
What Is The Process To Make This Recipe
- Gather all ingredients.
- Place the oats into a blender or food processor and process until finely ground.
- Put the peanut butter and honey in a large bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir together.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix very well until everything is combined.
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Firmly press the batter onto the baking sheet and spread so that it is all one layer and covers the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Ingredients For The Mini Peanut Butter Protein Bars Recipe
- Old-fashioned rolled oatscertified gluten-free if needed
- Crisp rice cereal if you need these protein bars to be gluten-free, youll want to be sure you choose a crisp rice cereal that is gluten-free. One Degree Organic Sprout Brown Rice Crisps Cereal is a great gluten-free option.
- Vanilla protein powder plant-based or whey-based protein will work. For our favorite plant-based protein powders, check out this post. For our favorite whey protein powders, check out this post.
- Flax meal
- Natural peanut butter room temperature with a drizzly/runny consistency works best. If your nut butter is a more solid consistency at room temperature, simply heat it slightly to achieve desired consistency.
- Honey for Vegan Protein Bars, substitute agave nectar for the honey.
- Virgin coconut oil
Doctor Invented Loved By Millions
The BEST thing to keep Diabetic sugars steady… A dietitian mentioned these to me and I bought them the same day. I got the most popular flavor, peanut butter, and Cookies ‘n Cream…But taste aside, I’m a full-time dog walker and one bar keeps my sugar steady for at least 8 hours. No fluctuations, no drama, no highs, no lows. I love the person who created these bars.
I have lost 70 lbs … All I can say is wow & so yummy!! I bought all the products & all of them are delicious!! Thank you! Your products rock!!
Highly Recommend – These are an excellent product. You don’t need to be a person with diabetes or changing blood sugar to appreciate these. I’ve been eating lower calorie meals for several months and I get low blood sugar mid-morning or mid-afternoon because I don’t eat very big meals…These totally keep me from feeling shaky or weak…
Amazing all around – I absolutely love these bars! I have a very fast metabolism and so I am on a constant lookout for snacks that help prevent me from feeling hungry in between meals. This bar helps satiate me for long periods of time , which is saying a lot since I’m usually always hungry. Plus the lemon taste is great!
Literally feel alive again…I started using the Extend Bars and I can’t believe how easy it is to manage my blood sugar levels with Extend snacks…My oh my, what a gift!
Are Protein Bars Healthy
This is a great question! The answer is: it depends.
The number of protein bars on the market can be so overwhelming and even as dietitians, we get confused going down the protein bar aisle. Protein bars are not all created equal. Some are great, made with wholesome ingredients but then there are some that may even work against your health and wellness goals instead of for them. They can also come with a hefty price tag.
This is exactly why we set out on a mission to create our own homemade protein bar recipe. A recipe that is not only incredibly delicious and easy to make, but one that is also made with real food ingredients, not a lot of added sweetener, no artificial sweeteners or flavors and is budget-friendly, too!
How Long Does It Take To Make This Recipe
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to make. This is a one-bowl recipe so youll need to dump all of your ingredients into one large bowl and stir! The hardest part of this recipe will be stirring everything until its completely mixed. This is also a no-bake recipe, so no oven involved.. The only cooking is the time when these bars will sit in the freezer to firm up. Trust me, this recipe is so quick and easy!
Top 10 Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars Of 2022 Review And Buying Guide
It is fairly typical to be perplexed regarding which chocolate peanut butter protein bars to buy. This difficulty occurs because to the wide variety of chocolate peanut butter protein bars available on the market. To help you choose the finest chocolate peanut butter protein bars available on the market, we have produced a detailed guide.
What Makes A Good Protein Powder
Protein powder is a fantastic addition to many recipes, but you want to make sure its not causing more harm than good.
A good quality protein powder
- Contains simple, clean, minimal ingredients.
- Doesnt have added refined sugar. Clean sweeteners include monk fruit extract and stevia leaf extract.
- Is BPA-free and processed by a trustworthy facility.
It should also be worth the trouble of eating! Protein powders that include all nine essential amino acids are whey and egg protein powder. Im also a big fan of pea protein powder, which you can read more about here.