How To Make Pudding Without Cornstarch
Now, lets make some pudding so you can dig in!
Step 1: Grab your ingredients, saucepot, and whisk.
Step 2: In a saucepot, combine sugar, cocoa powder, and flour.
Step 3: Add the egg and stir until you have a thick paste.
Step 4: Whisk in milk until you have a smooth mixture.
Step 5: Bring the pudding to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until thickened. Add in butter and vanilla. Cook until smooth.
Step 6: Transfer the pudding to a heat-proof bowl. Cover with a plastic foil to prevent the crust from forming. Let the pudding cools down.
Step 7: Spoon the pudding into serving bowls and top with your desired topping.
Chocolate Pudding Without Cornstarch
yield: 3 PUDDING CUPS prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 5 MINUTES total time: 15 MINUTES
This chocolate pudding is so creamy and delicious. Pair it with cookies, mint, or berries. You cant go wrong!
In a saucepot, combine sugar, cocoa powder, and flour.
Add egg and stir until you have a thick paste.
Whisk in milk and stir until you have a smooth mixture.
Set the pudding over a stove.
Bring the pudding to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until thickened. Add in butter and vanilla. Cook until smooth.
Transfer the pudding to a heat-proof bowl. Cover with a plastic foil to prevent the crust from forming. Let the pudding cool down.
Spoon the pudding into serving bowls and top with the desired topping.
YIELD: 3 SERVING SIZE: 1 pudding cup
Why This Dark Chocolate Pudding Recipe Is So Good: Bittersweet Chocolate
This dark chocolate pudding tastes better than regular pudding for several reasons.
The first reason is that it is adapted from one of my all-time favorite pastry chefs, Karen DeMasco. If you dont own The Craft of Baking, I recommend getting it. Second, the chocolate. Were going bold here, using bittersweet dark chocolate.
Dark chocolate tastes more assertive than milk chocolate. This is all the more important since a fair amount of cream and milk is used, which cuts the chocolate flavor. I prefer Valrhona 70% bittersweet.
How To Make Chocolate Pudding Without Cornstarch Or Heat:
The beauty of this easy chocolate pudding recipe is that it doesn’t requite cornstarch or any heat to make! You really have no excuse to buy instant pudding anymore, heh.
You just use a blender to break up the chocolate with the sugar, stream in heavy cream and a shot of espresso, and blend! There are a few other ingredients, like salt and vanilla, but you get the point.
I use my Vitamix blender to make this recipe. I upgraded to a Vitamix when Camille was a baby, because I knew I wanted to make her baby food from scratch. I’ve been endlessly impressed with how easy it is to use, how perfectly smooth and silky it makes purees. Plus, it has a heat function to make soups! I love it!
This recipe uses just the yolk of 1 egg. My recipes are divided on this site into recipes that use egg yolks and recipes that use egg whites. Browse through the egg white recipe section, and find something to make with the leftover egg white.
Also Check: How To Open Coffee Shop
Best Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Madisonsdish.com provides more than 600 000 recipes from all countries over the world. In Madisonsdish, you can easily find your deserved recipes by using filtering by category function or you can use searching best chocolate pudding recipe on the top of page.
PAGE CREATED ON : 12/03/2022LAST UPDATED DATE : 12/03/2022
In additon, if you are in diet, you can find the helpful recipes by Finding Recipes . That is special best chocolate pudding recipe helps you searching by ingredients, nutrions and categories.
Healthy Chocolate Pudding 6 Ingredients + No Avocado
May 01, 2022 · Instructions. Healthy Chocolate Pudding Recipe: Heat the 2 cups milk of choice in a saucepan with the salt, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl until dissolved. When the 2 cups milk are warm, add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir constantly for 2 minutes.
You May Like: Chocolate Pudding Shots With Baileys
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Substitution Notes:
- Floureither all-purpose flour or a 1-to-1 gluten free flour will both work great in this recipe.
- SugarI prefer to use regular granulated white sugar, but you can also use coconut sugar or an alternative granulated sweetener of your choice.
- Cocoa Powdera must for this homemade chocolate pudding recipe!
- Milkfeel free to use dairy or non-dairy milk, just make sure to let it rest until room temperature before prepping your pudding.
- Egg YolksI havent personally tried this recipe with a substitute, so as far as I know, these are a must!
- Chocolateboth milk chocolate and dark chocolate are suitable for this recipe, whichever you like.
Dark Chocolate Pudding Recipe
This dark chocolate pudding recipe makes an indulgent homemade dessert thats quick and easy to prepare, perfect for a dinner party, special occasion, Valentines Day or just when youre craving something sweet and homemade.
The warm pudding makes a budget friendly treat that you can make with items that are easy to find at your local grocery store.
You can enjoy the pudding straight away as a warming comfort dessert or allow the pudding to cool completely then pour it into individual serving bowls or ramekins, cover with plastic wrap over the surface of the pudding and enjoy chilled from the fridge, in which case the dessert will be beautifully thickened and luxuriously rich.
This recipe is egg free, so you dont need to hassle with egg yolks or egg whites to create the dessert the cornstarch and chocolate work together to thicken the dessert perfectly.
You May Like: Best Coffee Cup To Go
Chocolate Pudding Without Cornstarch
Craving some chocolate pudding, but you do not have a pudding mix? Want to make your own, but there is no cornstarch left in your pantry?
There is no need to feel bad or sad, as there is a solution. You can make the most delicious and creamy pudding without any cornstarch.
Making pudding is so easy with a few essential ingredients you have probably somewhere in your pantry.
This old-fashioned dessert is something you can cook up on the stove and have at the table in just a few minutes.
The key is to cook the pudding over medium-high heat and whisk constantly until it reaches the desired consistency.
People usually think it is impossible to make the pudding without cornstarch. Cornstarch is a very fine powder, but it has a tendency to turn the pudding into a lumpy mess, so making a pudding without it is actually beneficial.
Some Notes On Chocolate Pudding Ingredients
I prefer cane sugar for cooking and baking, because it cooks differently than beet sugar.
If your baked goods don’t brown the way you expect, it could be the sugar.
If your granulated sugar doesn’t say cane sugar, odds are that it’s made from genetically modified sugar beets.
Recommended Reading: Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
How To Store Chocolate Pudding
Tightly cover any leftover chocolate pudding and refrigerate for up to three or four days.
But to be honest, it’s never lasted that long at my house!
And NO…you cannot freeze and then thaw pudding, as the texture will unpleasantly change upon thawing. However, if you’d like to consume your pudding in frozen form — à la a frozen pudding popsicle — that will work just dandy.
So are you a fellow pudding fanatic?
There’s nothing really groundbreaking about this Homemade Chocolate Pudding, y’all. It’s just simple and straightforward to make, and dang good, and a recipe that I feel you should have in your repertoire.
Say it with me now! EasyhomemadeBLISS.
How To Make The Healthy Dessert
Start by heating two cups of milk in a small pot with the salt, cocoa powder, and sweetener of choice.
Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch and the remaining half cup of milk in a small bowl until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
When the mixture in the saucepan is warm, whisk in the milk with cornstarch and bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir constantly with a whisk or spoon for two minutes.
Lower the heat to a simmer for an additional minute, then turn off the heat and add the pure vanilla extract. If using the optional chocolate, stir it until completely melted.
Transfer the chocolate pudding to the refrigerator to thicken. It gets thicker and thicker the longer it sits and will be ready to eat after a few hours or overnight.
*If you do want a recipe with avocado, make this Avocado Chocolate Mousse.
Watch the healthy chocolate pudding video above
- 2cupsmilk of choice OR canned coconut milk
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2cupmilk of choice + 3 tbsp cornstarch
- optional 3 oz chocolate chips or broken-up bar
- 3/4tsppure vanilla extract
Also Check: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars No Bake
Why You Should Make Chocolate Pudding Homemade
Lets be honest, who doesnt love to eat puddings with chocolate? But for this homemade chocolate pudding recipe, I knew that
- I wanted something fun. Something that I could make for the kids, totally surprise them and make them feel special.
- I wanted something NOT loaded down with sugar. Especially when were on a constant quest to quit sugar and you know youre on the right track when your daughter says hot chocolate from the local coffee shop is a bit too sweet for her.
- I wanted something easy. Most recipes Ive seen for chocolate puddings call for lots of ingredients and they just seem like a lot of work. In this season of life, thats not happening.
- I wanted something that was similar to what I had growing up. Do you ever have those Snack Pack pudding cups as a kid? I did, and so did all of my friends, and I wanted to replicate that.
And when its all said and done, this homemade chocolate pudding recipe is definitely easy, fun, not loaded with sugar and EERILY similar to the kind I had as a kid.
Healthy Chocolate Pudding Recipe
A healthy little treat to satisfy your chocolate desires. Can be eaten hot from the pan or chilled before serving.
Provided by HealthyTreats
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat stir in vanilla. Pour into two serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING PIE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
- Pour pudding filling into graham cracker crust and spread evenly with a spoon. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and chopped chocolate.
HERSHEY’S COCOA CHOCOLATE PIE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
BLACKOUT CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | BON APPÃ©TIT
- Do Ahead: Cake can be assembled 1 day ahead. Chill uncovered.
BLACKOUT CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | BON APPÃ©TIT
- Do Ahead: Cake can be assembled 1 day ahead. Chill uncovered.
VANILLA PUDDING RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
- Pour pudding into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Store covered in refrigerator.
THE BEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE PUDDING … – ELAVEGAN | RECIPES
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PUDDING – 6 INGREDIENTS + NO AVOCADO!
VANILLA OR CHOCOLATE PUDDING RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
VANILLA PUDDING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | PRETTY. SIMPLE …
You May Like: Flowers And Chocolate Covered Strawberries Box
Tip To Prevent Skin On Pudding
Before going any further, I feel obliged to share my favorite Homemade Chocolate Pudding-making trick, in case you’re not already privy to it.
If you don’t like the thick skin that forms on top of cooked pudding as it cools, simply lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding while it’s still warm. Ensure that the plastic is touching the entire surface with no air bubbles.
The plastic wrap will act as a replacement for the “skin” and, once peeled off, it will reveal completely smooth and silky pudding underneath.
How To Make Chocolate Pudding
And if you prefer chilling your pudding in one big bowl without messing with individual serving dishes, that works fine, too!
Individual dishes just make homemade pudding feel fancy.
Don’t Miss: Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
Tips For The Best Pudding
- For a richer flavor, use brown sugar instead of white. The molasses in brown sugar gives it a deeper level of sweetness.
- Add an egg yolk for extra richness.
- Add an extra tablespoon of cocoa powder for more chocolatey goodness.
- Switch things up: add 1 to 2 drops of mint, almond, hazelnut, or orange extract for a different flavor.
- Make it mocha! Add a teaspoon of espresso to the mixture.
- Tips to avoid lumps:
- Sift the dry ingredients before adding the milk.
- Pour the milk gradually and stir constantly while doing so.
- If all else fails, push the cooked pudding through a mesh sieve to get rid of lumps.
Sure, the pudding will thicken much faster if you stir it over high heat, but you wont allow enough time for the cornstarch to cook and the sugar to dissolve.
- Have the butter and vanilla within your reach. Youll want to be able to add them right away to the cooked pudding.
- Do not refrigerate the pudding right away, or it will sweat. Let it sit at room temperature for several hours beforehand. You can speed things up by placing it in a bowl of cold or iced water.
- To prevent skin from forming on top of the pudding:
- Stir it occasionally as it cools.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding before you refrigerate.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
Discover Short Videos Related To Chocolate Pudding Without Cornstarch On Tiktok Explore The Latest Videos From Hashtags: #puddingwithchocolate #withoutcornstarch #madeoobleckwithoutcornstarch #chocolatec: Pudding #withoutchocolate #withoutthechocolate #chocolatechipthestar #chocolatecustardwithoutchocolatecustardpowder #chocolatecakewithoutoven #chocolatewithout
TikTok video from Laura Ann Villanueva : “LEARN HOW TO MAKE MY EASY CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PUDDING RECIPE What is the most delicious homemade healthy chocolate pudding recipe made from scratch? I found the answer to that question with my easy chocolate protein pudding recipe. Learn how to make an easy healthy chocolate protein pudding recipe without cornstarch. This pudding recipe is perfect for an after workout snack or even an evening dessert. Want to learn how to make this quick and simple chocolate protein pudding recipe? #healthyfood”. RUNAWAY.
Read Also: Smoothie King Slim N Trim Chocolate
How To Make Homemade Paleo Chocolate Pudding
How do you store this pudding?
Youll want to keep it in glass, covered, and in the fridge. I pour the pudding into small weck jars just to keep separate servings and make it look cuter You can also use glass tupperware or mason jars!
How long will it keep in the fridge?
Itll keep for a few days, but good luck keeping it around that long! We go through this pretty quick in my house.
The Ingredients Youll Need
Coconut cream is the fat that hardens on the top of full-fat coconut milk. I love this brand!
Also known as arrowroot flour. Many stores sell this, or you can buy it online.
You can also use honey.
I always love adding a pinch of sea salt to desserts like this!
Youll also love
Chocolate Almond Milk Pudding
· Modified: Sep 27, 2022 by Belle Tipps · This post may contain affiliate links for which I may earn a small commission.
Looking for a homemade chocolate pudding without the dairy milk? This Chocolate Almond Milk Pudding recipe is for you! Only 10 minutes to make and 7 simple ingredients.This recipe is egg-free and can easily be made vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free!
With a blend of almond milk and coconut milk and lots of chocolate, this Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding has a creamy and velvety texture and tons of rice chocolate taste. It’s quick, it’s simple and it’s full of rich flavor.
This is not a recipe using instant pudding, but rather an easy from scratch recipe using only 7 ingredients that takes about 10 minutes to make!
It takes just one easy change to make your homemade chocolate almond milk pudding vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free so it’s suitable for those of us with dietary restrictions.
Or have some fun with it during the holiday season and make peppermint chocolate pudding or mint chocolate pudding . Use it in our holiday dessert recipes, like Halloween pudding cups and Easter pudding cups.
We love using almond milk in our recipes whenever we can, not just to make them dairy-free but to make them a little better for us. Almond milk has less calories than dairy milk and is rich in many vitamins and minerals.
MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES
You May Like: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipes