No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar Ingredients
There are only 5 ingredients required for no bake chocolate peanut butter bars and I bet you have each one in your kitchen right now.
Is There A Keto Version I Can Make
Yes! Substitute the brown sugar with the Lakanta Monkfruit with Erythritol, Golden and use the Lakanta or Swerve powdered sugar instead of regular powdered sugar. Make sure you use a natural creamy peanut butter and use a sugar free dark chocolate chip to melt for the top. Lilys or Choc Zero are my favorites. Use the same instructions with these substitutes for a keto friendly peanut butter bar.
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Prep: Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
Stir: In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Press mixture into prepared pan.
Heat: In a microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate chips and heat for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating 10 seconds at a time until the chips are melted. Stir until completely smooth.
Chill: Spread chocolate mixture evenly over peanut butter bars. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours or until firm.
Cut: Remove from refrigerator and allow bars to come to room temperature before cutting .
Serve: Serve room temperature or chilled, I prefer them best chilled!
Refrigerate: Store any leftover bars in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.
You May Like: Budget Truck Rental Cocoa Fl
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layers:
The delicious layer of peanut butter just melts in your mouth and is so light and creamy. The chocolate on top is just the icing on the cake. It really takes this dessert to the next level.
If you love Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, you are going to go crazy over this recipe for Peanut Butter Bars.
The best is that these chocolate peanut butter layers are made with only 5 staple ingredients. These are peanut butter lovers dream.
A Couple Of My Favorite Ways To Enjoy These Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars:
Additionally, they are absolutely Kid-Friendly Peanut Butter Desserts and Snacks.
My little nephew loves these peanut butter almost-Reeses bars! Parents wont even worry about the consequence of a sugar high or sugar crash.
Last but not least, scroll to check out the full recipe. These fudgy, chewy and sweet Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars will definitely have you hooked.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars are just so delicious and too easy to make. And they are vegan, low-carb, keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free.
Also Check: Dunkin French Vanilla Iced Coffee
How Do You Make Peanut Butter Bars
2. Then, add the coconut or almond flour. Using a spatula mix well until combined. If the dough gets hard to mix, you may use your hand until a thick dough mixture is formed.
3. Prepare a 9×5-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the dough mixture into the baking dish.
4. Using your hands. Press down on the dough and spread out smoothly into an even layer across the entire bottom of the dish.
5. Place the dish with the peanut butter dough in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Then make the top layer.
6. Place the chocolate/chocolate chips, coconut oil, and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
7. Melt the chocolate in the microwave using 30 seconds Bursts until the chocolate is nicely melted to prevent it from burning. Mix until smooth.
8. Next, remove the dish with the peanut butter dough from the freezer. Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter dough.
9. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with some salt flakes if using.
10. Place the dish back into the freezer for about 10-15 minutes until it sets.
11. Once it sets, remove the dish from the freezer. Careful remove from the pan by pulling on the parchment paper from each side.
12. Slice into 12-16 square bars. Top with more salt flakes if needed. Enjoy.
What Are These Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
No bake chocolate peanut butter bars are a simple combination of chocolate, peanut butter, crushed grahams and confectioners sugar. Easy to make in a bowl with a spoon.
The thick peanut butter filling is then topped with a velvety smooth chocolate layer you will absolutely love. Think Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.
If you love sea salt, youll notice Ive sprinkled a few sea salt flakes on top of the bars. It takes these delicious bar cookies up yet another notch, which is hard to believe. Youll have to trust me on this until you try them.
You May Like: Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha Creamer
Low Carb No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Crumble the chocolate chips cookies in a food processor or blender.
- Chop the peanuts and set them aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together the chunky peanut butter with the butter and powdered erythitol. Then gently add the chocolate chip cookie crumbe and mix until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and add the almond flour. Mix with a rubber spatula until evenly incorporated.
- Press the peanut butter mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Combine the creamy peanut butter with the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments until melted.
- Allow to slightly cool before pouring over the peanut butter crust.
- Spread the chocolate over the crust evenly with a rubber spatula. Top with the chopped peanuts and refrigerate for 2 hours before consuming.
More Peanut Butter Desserts
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups: Everybody’s favorite and it is so easy to make your own vegan pb cups at home.
- Peanut Butter Fudge: You only need three ingredients to make this creamy, melt in your mouth fudge.
- : These chewy cookies are swirled with melted chocolate and a must-make!
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies: It takes only 10 minutes to make these no bake cookies and theyre even refined sugar free.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Hot Chocolate Out Of Clothes
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
These no-bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars are a rich, decadent and easy dessert! The sweet and salty goodies are perfect for summer picnics, family cookouts, after-school treats or late-night snacking. Peanut butter, chocolate and graham crackers come together in a magical way, with only 15 minutes of prep. Serve them alongside a cold glass of milk for the best peanut butter bars ever!
Peanut Butter + Chocolate = Match Made In Heaven
Raise your hand if a Reeses peanut butter cup is your favorite candy its been mine since I was a little girl. I remember finding my Dads stash of peanut butter cups in the fridge or freezer and begging him to have one after dinner. Its funny, I even remember eating the edges of the peanut butter cup and then savoring the peanut butter middle for last.
These days, I make my own homemade healthy peanut butter cups, and still am obsessed with just about anything with a peanut butter and chocolate combo. Thats exactly where these chocolate peanut butter protein bars come in. They provide a healthy dose of protein, yet they taste like dessert. WIN WIN WIN.
Don’t Miss: Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
No bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars that taste just like a peanut butter cup. These low carb peanut butter protein bars will be your new favorite snack to keep in your fridge and enjoy all week long!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
Today were doing a throwback recipe from 2017. These peanut butter protein bars were SO delicious when I first made them a few years back that I love to re-share them with you to remind you to make them.
Ill occasionally do this with older recipes because 1) I dont want you to forget about them and 2) anything with peanut butter is always acceptable, right?!
These bars are seriously one of my favorite healthier treats to make because theyre so freaking easy and do NOT require any baking. They also make an excellent post workout snack or late afternoon pick-me-up as they happen to pack 9g protein.
Personally, I love keeping them in the fridge when I want a healthier dessert thats similar to my favorite candy in the world.
How To Make No Bake Diabetic Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
STEP 1: Place the chocolate chip cookies in a food processor or blender and pulse until small crumbs form. Chop the peanuts and set them aside.
In a stand mixer or a hand mixer and a large bowl cream together the chunky peanut butter or keto peanut butter and the unsalted butter on medium speed. Slowly add the powdered erythritol and mix for one minute. Then add the processed chocolate chip crumbs and gently mix on low speed until combined.
STEP 2: Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and add the almond flour. Mix with a rubber spatula until evenly incorporated.
Transfer the crust mixture to a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish. I used butter to great the dish. Spread evenly with a rubber spatula and then press the peanut butter crust down firmly with the back of the spatula.
STEP 3: Combine the sugar-free chocolate chips with creamy peanut butter in a medium-sized bowl.
Microwave on high in 30-second increments stirring in between until the chocolate is melted. I only had to do this 3 times . Watch it carefully as the chocolate can burn.
Allow to slightly cool before pouring over the peanut butter crust. If it’s too hot it can melt the peanut butter in the crust.
Spread the chocolate over the crust evenly with a rubber spatula. Top with the chopped peanuts.
- STEP 4: Refrigerate the no bake chocolate peanut butter bars for 2 hours, cut into 20 squares and enjoy!
Also Check: Gluten Free Chocolate Graham Crackers
How Much Does Each Serving Cost
Since I am trying to be more mindful of price with the crazy inflation that we are all dealing with somehow, here is a breakdown of this recipe.
- Powdered sugar $.40
In total, the recipe would cost you about $3.65, making each serving cost about $0.22, which is what I call a win!
These prices are estimates, so your recipe might come to a little more or a little less than my estimates depending on where you live.
How To Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
These no bake bars dough is thick, so stir until dough forms and ingredients are combined.
Transfer dough to a parchment lined 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Freeze for 30 minutes or refrigerate for a few hours before pouring chocolate over top.
Melt chocolate wafers and pour over bars. The melting wafers set up fast since the bars are cold, so work quickly.
Once chocolate is spread over top, use a knife to cut into squares.
Also Check: Coffee At Sam’s Club
How To Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
To make these peanut butter candy bars, youll start out by making the peanut butter layer. Its a simple mixture of melted butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and graham cracker crumbs.
It helps to whisk together the melted butter and peanut butter first, then whisk in the powdered sugar, and then the graham cracker crumbs. The mixture will seem a little soft, but it will firm up and slice easily after the bars have chilled in the fridge.
Once you mix up the peanut butter mixture, youll press it into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set it aside while you make the chocolate topping.
The chocolate topping is just a simple mixture of chocolate chips and more peanut butter. Youll need 2 cups of chocolate chips for the topping, which is equal to one 12-ounce bag. The peanut butter is necessary for the topping because it helps keep the chocolate layer a little softer, so you can easily slice into these bars.
Once the chocolate-peanut butter mixture is melted and smooth, pour it on top of the peanut butter layer and spread it into an even layer. Then, cover the bars and let them chill in the refrigerator for at least 90 minutes so that they have enough time to firm up.
If desired, you can prep these bars the night before and take them out of the refrigerator when youre ready to serve them.
Ingredients For This No
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these chocolate peanut butter bars. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Peanut butter Make sure youre using the creamy kind of peanut butter like Skippy or Jif. The natural kind will not allow the base to be set properly.
- Chocolate chips Use good quality chocolate or chocolate chips for better tasting bars.
- Graham crackers- This recipe is super versatile, use graham cracker crumbs but if you dont have them on hand using any other biscuit, think animal crackers, nilla wafers
- Powdered sugar The powdered sugar will allow for the base to be set and will sweeten it perfectly.
- Butter You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
Also Check: Cuisinart How To Clean Coffee Maker
Whats This Easy Vegan Dessert
So this is my new creation, or should I say an improvement of my 3 ingredients peanut butter cookies, turned into no-bake peanut butter bars.
Thats pretty much what it is, but you will love the chocolate peanut butter ganache on top of those bars. It brings the previous cookie recipe to the next level of decadence.
Tips To Make This Recipe
Recommended Reading: Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies
Which Butter Should Be Used
The recipe recommends using salted butter. This is slightly unusual for baking as you typically use unsalted butter. By using salted butter it offsets the sweetness slightly which really works for these bars.
You can absolutely use unsalted butter and these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars will still be delicious. Alternatively, you could use unsalted butter and add a pinch of salt.
I would not recommend using margarine for this recipe. Butter is definitely the best option.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Some days its just too hot to turn on the oven, even though I absolutely need a sugary dessert to calm my sweet tooth! In times like those, I turn to no bake desserts.
No bake desserts are always easy and dont heat up my kitchen, thats a win-win in my house. That is exactly why these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars end up on my counter often, theyre so easy!
These bars only take 10 minutes and 5 ingredients to make thats it. There is nothing like a cold, chewy peanut butter bar, layered with rich chocolate, straight from the fridge. I mean look at that picture! Need I say more?
Also Check: Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies