About Mccanns Irish Oatmeal
For more than 150 years, McCanns Irish Oatmeal has been warming the hearts of oatmeal lovers. Their 100% whole grain Irish steel-cut oats are minimally processed and nothing artificial is added, so all you get is rich, nutty Irish oat taste with that distinctly chewy steel-cut bite.
The demand for Non-GMO products continues to rise because more people desire healthier foods and, therefore, want full transparency on what is in the products they are consuming. McCanns Irish Oatmeal® has earned its first Non-GMO Certification from the Non-GMO Project for three of its core products Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal in the 28oz. Tin, Quick & Easy Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal in the 24 oz. Canister, and Quick Cooking Rolled Oats in the 16 oz. Box.
You can learn more about McCanns Irish Oatmeals products on their website and by following along on . Looking for more recipes? Check out more McCanns Irish Oatmeal recipes from the #MomBlogTourFF!
- Wendys Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
You can find even more yummy recipes on McCanns Irish Oatmeals!
Recipe Variations And Ideas
There are tons of ways to customize this banana bread and make it your own. Everything from dried fruit to nuts and seeds. Here are some you will want to try:
- Make banana nut bread by adding in about 1/2 cup of toasted walnuts or pecans.
- Add blueberries to make blueberry banana bread and sneak in even more flavor and nutrition. Strawberries and raspberries are tasty additions as well.
- If you need a gluten-free option, use a gluten-free baking flour in place of the whole wheat flour.
- Swap in white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, or caramel chips for a slightly different take on this recipe.
- Turn this recipe in banana oatmeal muffins. Pour the batter into a lined muffin tin and then bake 20-25 minutes until they are cooked through and golden brown.
Why Youll Love This Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread
Like I mentioned, Im a fan of oats, and this loaf is full of them. According to an article from Healthline on the benefits of eating oats, one cup of oats contains, 51 grams of carbs, 13 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat, and 8 grams of fiber in 1 cup. This same serving has only 303 calories.
To make this recipe, youll need oat flour. Or do what I do and simply grind old fashioned oats until they reach a flour-like consistency. The recipe contains about two and a third cups of oats. That means the whole loaf contains about 30 grams of protein and nearly 20 grams of fiber. Not too shabby for a tasty breakfast treat!
Like oats, bananas are another breakfast staple. Adding them gives you some more nutritional value and sweetness, too. Bananas contribute a couple more grams of protein, fiber, and close to 1000 milligrams of potassium here.
Youll also find Greek yogurt in this recipe. Here, it adds about 5 grams of protein to the overall loaf. And eggs add about 12 grams. There are around 45 gram of protein here in total.
Lastly, we cannot forget the chocolate chips! I used minis in this recipe. That way, there is more chocolate per bite. The small chips distribute throughout the batter more than larger ones do. But regular-sized chips would be delicious here, too.
You May Like: Cocoa Powder Hot Chocolate Recipe
Best Banana Bread Add Ins
We love this banana bread as is with just the simple 4 ingredients. But, its fun to add an extra ingredient every now and then. Here is a list of toppings to add into banana bread.
- Warm spices Add a little extra warmth with 1/2 teaspoon of a spice like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves or allspice.
- Vanilla extract Add in a teaspoon of vanilla extract for delicious flavor.
- More chocolate flavor Use some cocoa powder in the batter to make this chocolate banana bread.
- Orange zest Zest an orange and add it into the dough along with the chocolate chips.
- Toasted nuts Toast up some chopped up nuts like walnuts and mix them in when you mix in the chocolate chips. Add in about 1/8-1/4 cup.
Tips For Making And Storing A More Moist Delicious Loaf
While freshly baked banana bread is delicious to eat, this kind of loaf is noticeably more flavorful the following day. When possible, I recommend preparing it an evening or day before you actually plan to eat it. Allowing the flavors time to meld together in an uncut loaf makes the taste ultimately a stronger one.
Relatedly, hold off from cutting into this loaf immediately after baking. I know its tempting! But when you cut into a freshly baked loaf, youre releasing the steam. That steam is key in making your newest baked good remain moist and delicious.
Lastly, depending on how you store this loaf, it will remain fresh for a while . If youll be eating it in the next 2 or three days, itll remain flavorful and safe to eat if you wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and leave it on your counter.
If you want to eat it over the course of about one week, store it in your refrigerator in an airtight container, which will help this banana oat chocolate chip bread retain its moisture. If you arent sure if your container is airtight, Id wrap it in plastic wrap for added moisture lock.
You may also wrap this loaf tightly in wax or parchment paper and store it in a freezer bag for a month or so. Itll be most fresh within two months, but I have definitely stretched that timeline. Its nice to bake a loaf in advance, store it for a month or two, and bring it out to eat. Choose whatever works for you!
Read Also: Where To Buy Christopher Elbow Chocolates
Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Bread
Flourless Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Bread loaded with rich chocolatey goodness! This healthier double chocolate banana bread recipe is made using rolled oats instead of flour and is refined sugar-free with a dairy-free option. This delicious loaf is magical anytime the need for banana bread or a sweet treat arises!
Also try my Healthy Oatmeal Zucchini Banana Bread, Flourless Oatmeal Banana Pancakes, Banana Bread Overnight Oatmeal and my Flourless Oatmeal Banana Nut Muffins if you love banana bread recipes and are a big fan of oats.
If youre anything like me, the chocolate, banana, oatmeal trifecta is an absolute dream no matter the context.
This healthier flourless Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Bread boasts rich chocolatey flavor with pockets of molten chocolate goo.
Made using blended up rolled oats instead of all purpose flour, the whole recipe is so easy to make in a blender for easy cleanup.
Plus, it is mostly sweetened with ripe bananas and is a great source of whole grains, so we cant feel too guilty about it, right?
This double chocolate chip banana bread tastes just like classic banana bread with a chocolate cake twist but comes with some nutrition benefits. Some might say it is one of the healthier quick bread recipes.
Ideal for the chocolate lover!
For those of you who are grain-free or prefer almond flour banana bread, make my Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread recipe.
Lets chat about the ingredients for this delicious double chocolate oatmeal banana bread.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
|Heat oven to 350 °F .
|Beat egg, dressing and bananas in large bowl with whisk until well blended.
|Mix remaining ingredients in separate bowl. Add to banana mixture stir just until moistened.
|Pour into greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
|Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
|Note: the recipe calls for 1 teaspoon salt, but you can leave that out to lower the sodium count. It also calls for 1/2 cup of walnuts but you can leave that out and replace it with whatever you want – like chocolate chips!
Recommended Reading: How To Make Frozen Coffee
Make A Hearty Oatmeal Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
This gluten free banana bread is super easy to make and is so comforting. It is naturally gluten free because it is made with oat flour.
Make this healthy banana bread without any refined sugars. Sweeten the loaf naturally with the ripe bananas and some maple syrup.
Mix the rolled oats and oat flour with mashed bananas and a few other ingredients to make a healthy and delicious oatmeal banana bread. I love to serve a slice of this warm for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
Make this oatmeal banana bread into muffins for the perfect meal prep additions. Enjoy the muffins all week long as a mid morning snack or afternoon pick me up!
Can Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread Be Made Into Muffins
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins are our favorite muffins! Simply use my recipe above, then spoon 3 tablespoons of batter into each greased or lined muffin cup. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 400°.
There are several benefits of making quick bread into muffins. First, I like that they cook faster! Where a full loaf of oatmeal chocolate chip bread bakes for almost an hour, the muffins bake for less than 20 minutes, which is a fraction of the time. Theres no need to slice muffins either and of course, theyre very portable, so its easy to take them to a party or get-together. Theyre also easy to freeze! I like to bake a batch of muffins and then freeze them just in a layer in a large ziplock freezer bag. I pull them out one or two at a time for breakfast. You can let them thaw on the countertop, or you can microwave them or toast them to heat them up.
Dont Miss: Simple Recipe For Shepherds Pie
Read Also: How To Get Chocolate Milk Out Of Clothes
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Yall Im always on the hunt for something quick to make with leftover bananas. I mean my banana bread and chocolate banana muffins are great and all. But sometimes I just need something different. These Baked Oatmeal Bars are healthy, super easy to make and flipping addicting. My kids whip them up on their own.
Filled with banana flavor, loaded with high fiber oatmeal and subtle hints of melted chocolate. We eat them for breakfast, as an after school snack and sometimes even dessert. I like to sneak a tablespoon of peanut butter on it! YUM! These bars are seriously killer! Dont miss out, make these this week!
Oat Banana Bread Ingredients
- Bananas: You want to use bananas that are If using thawed frozen bananas just make sure you have them come to room temperature.
- Nut Butter: I like to use peanut butter, but any nut butter like cashew butter or almond butter would work here.
- Oatmeal: You will need to use old fashioned oats. Be sure to get the gluten free oats if you have a gluten sensitivity or Celiac disease.
- Chocolate Chips: Add some sweetness and chocolate flavor. You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips , or bittersweet chocolate chips.
Don’t Miss: Recipe For Hot Chocolate With Cocoa Powder
Best Chocolate Chips For Baking
When making this bread I like to use either semi sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. It really is up to you on what type of chocolate to use. If you like it a little sweeter you can try milk chocolate chips or if you want no added sugar, use bittersweet chocolate chips.
You can also choose to use either regular sized chocolate chips or the miniature chocolate chips.
How To Make Oatmeal Cookie Bars
Cookie bars are the perfect dessert for when youre feeling lazy. Because you dont have to scoop and shape each cookie, the whole process takes just over 30 minutes. So, when those sugar cravings hit, you dont have to wait that long to cure them!
Heres the step-by-step guide to making the best oatmeal cookie bars:
Preheat Oven to 350°F: Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and coat it with nonstick spray.
Add in the Eggs: Also add in the vanilla, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix everything until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Add Flour and Oats: Turn the mixer to low, add in the flour and oats, and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, raisins, and walnuts until evenly incorporated.
Bake: Press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Also Check: Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar
Easy Banana Bread Common Questions
What does baking soda do in banana bread?
Baking soda is used to leaven the batter and even out the acidity, creating fluffy, soft bread.
How do you keep banana bread moist?
The best way to keep this banana bread moist is to wrap it well with cling film wrap followed by aluminum foil and store it in the fridge.
Should I serve banana bread with sour cream hot or cold?
Either! Some people like to warm their banana bread up and smear butter on top while others prefer to serve it cold. Its totally up to you!
What can I substitute sour cream with?
Yogurt! Plain yogurt or Greek yogurt work great as a replacement for sour cream helping lock in moisture and create a similar flavor.
Substitution Notes For Vegan Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Bananas: say what?! You want to sub the bananas?! Lol. If you prefer pumpkin, try my reader-loved Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread.
- RemovingOats: If you prefer a moist banana bread without any whole oats in it, try my Best Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe or my Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- Coconut Oil: sub with melted vegan butter or your favorite flavorless oil.
- Coconut Sugar: sub with organic cane sugar or organic brown sugar.
- Maple Syrup: sub with another liquid sweetener, like date syrup, agave or honey .
- Flax Eggs: sub with chia eggs.
- Almond Milk: sub with your favorite milk.
- GF Oat Flour: you can try subbing with gluten free all purpose flour. However, keep in mind that all gluten free all purpose flour brands are different. Some are super grainy, some are gummy, some are overly chewy. The best option is gluten free oat flour. Do not sub with coconut flour or almond flour.
- Note: Baking is fun, but can be super tricky if youre changing up the recipe. Keep in mind that the more changes you make, the less likely youll get desirable results. Each ingredient interacts differently within this banana oat bread recipe. Good luck!
Also Check: Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Almonds
How To Store Your Oatmeal Banana Bread
- For 1 week: after baking & cooling your super moist vegan oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread completely, slice and place the banana bread into an airtight container at room temperature. Keep the oatmeal banana bread out of direct sunlight & away from heat.
- To freeze banana oat bread: cool & slice banana bread, then store in a freezer-friendly container. You can keep the banana oat bread there for 1-2 months! Thawing instructions in the recipe Notes.
Recipe Tips For Making Oatmeal Banana Bread
- You could easily make this recipe with or without chocolate chips. If you choose to add chocolate chips, feel free to use any kind you like.
- For an extra dose of nutrients and healthy fats, try adding some nuts to the batter! I find that walnuts pair brilliantly with the chocolate and banana flavors. Some of my favorite options include almonds, pecans, and walnuts.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, swap out the whole wheat flour for gluten-free all-purpose flour. You could also try almond or coconut flour, but you would need to adjust the proportions of the other ingredients and Im not sure how it would turn out.
Don’t Miss: Behr Chocolate Semi Transparent Stain
How To Make Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread
Mix the oats, buttermilk, egg, brown sugar and oil together in a large bowl. You can use a large spoon for this and mix just until everything is well combined. Let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes so that the oats can soften up a bit.
Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and stir until fully combined but make sure not to over mix. If you mix too much at this point or use an electric mixer, you will likely have a more flat/dense bread than you want. Less is more when it comes to mixing quick breads! Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into a well greased bread pan and bake at 325° for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes and then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Recommended Reading: 9 Inch Aluminum Pie Pans
Oat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
These Oat Chocolate Chip Banana Breads are another classic Eat Well With Sari recipe that I recently made again! The perfect mix between banana bread and an oatmeal bake. These can be made in muffins, mini loaves or a full loaf. I love the mini loaves because they are just so dang cute. I linked the mini loaf pan here. It is gluten free and dairy free and certainly a healthy option! These are a great snack, side with breakfast or even dessert. I love spreading peanut butter on top of a slice too. So delicious!
Read Also: Is Key Lime Pie Keto Friendly
You May Like: Men’s Cocoa Butter Lotion