Ingredients Needed For No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar Recipe
This great recipe for peanut butter cookie bars uses simple ingredients you are bound to have on hand. This recipe is part of my repertoire of easy recipes. By that I mean those that I can make quickly when I am craving something sweet, something salty, and need a little crunch. I think everyone needs a no-bake cookie recipe in their recipe arsenal for just these reasons.
- Sugar this recipe calls for granulated sugar, but using half granulated and half brown sugar is yummy, too!
- Cocoa unsweetened cocoa powder is what you will need to make these no-bake chocolate oatmeal bars.
- Evaporated milk Not to be confused with sweetened condensed milk this recipe uses evaporated milk.
- Butter I used unsalted butter, but salted will work fine.
- Peanut butter I prefer to use creamy peanut butter.
- Vanilla pure vanilla extract is best but imitation will also work.
- Rolled oats rolled oats or quick rolled oats are a must in this recipe. Do not substitute steel cut.
- Salted peanuts Salted peanuts give a nice crunch and add to the sweet & salty appeal of these
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Set a timer for 60 seconds once your mixture really starts to boil to make sure you dont overcook or undercook your cookie mixture. If you dont boil long enough your cookies wont set right and if you boil them for too little they will be dry.
- tip 2 Use a cookie scoop to make scooping your cookies easier and faster. If you dont have a cookie scoop available, use an ice cream scoop instead.
- tip 3 When storing your no-bake oatmeal cookies, wait until your cookies have completely cooled and place them in an airtight container between sheets of wax paper to keep them from sticking together.
- tip 4 Add a light and nutty crunch by trying crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy!
- tip 5 We love the ease and simplicity of no-bake cookies recipes! Take a look at these recipes for No-Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies and No-Bake Marshmallow-Butterscotch-Chex Cookies for more no-bake inspiration!
More Easy Oatmeal Cookie Recipes:
The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Soft, chewy, loaded with chocolate, and they turn out perfectly every time! Totally irresistible!!
Loaded Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Soft, chewy, and loaded with chocolate! Sinking your teeth into a thick, hearty cookie is the best!
Easy Oatmeal Cookies An incredibly FAST and EASY recipe that produces perfectly thick cookies with chewy edges and soft centers!! One bowl to wash, no mixer to drag out, and no waiting around!!
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies No butter and no mixer used in these easy cookies dripping with chocolate!
Peanut Butter Cowboy Cookies Chewy oats, sweet coconut, crunchy pecans, peanut butter, and plenty of chocolate!! A true kitchen sink cookie that stays soft and chewy! Everyone loves these cookies!!
One-Bowl, No-Mixer, No-Chill Oatmeal Cookies An incredibly FAST and EASY recipe that produces perfectly thick cookies with chewy edges and soft centers!! One bowl to wash, no mixer to drag out, and no waiting around!!
Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies These pumpkin oatmeal cookies are bursting with chocolate chips in every bite! Theyre thick, hearty, perfectly chewy, and not at all cakey.
One-Bowl, No-Mixer, Extra-Large Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie A FAST and EASY recipe for ONE XL soft and chewy very THICK cookie loaded with chocolate!! No mixer needed and so DELISH!!
August 17, 2022//0
Read Also: Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie
Why This Is My Repeat Recipe
- No mixer and no oven
- Little clean-up
- Only 7 basic ingredients nothing weird
- Chocolate + peanut butter
- Shockingly easy
- Dairy free + egg free if needed
I married into a food-loving family. My husband grew up baking zucchini bread, soft pretzels, and these no-bake cookies with his siblings. He said he made these no-bakes so many times growing up that he could mix them together in his sleep. Partly because theyre so easy and partly because everyone craves chocolate and peanut butter at bedtime, right?!
Simply put, these are awesome cookies. And after one bite, youll understand exactly what the fuss is about. Lets do it!
How To Make Them
The joys of no bake recipes are unparalleled. No preheating, no warming up the whole kitchen, and no waiting forever for the cookies to bake! These cookies are almost too easy to be true.
Prepare. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment.
Boil. Bring the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute.
Stir. Remove from the heat once it boils for a minute. Then add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and stir to combine.
Cool. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes.
Don’t Miss: Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Bar Ingredients:
- Baking soda so the bars rise
- Brown sugar, granulated sugar and powdered sugar to sweeten
- Salt to balance the sweetness
- Unsalted butter to moisten and add richness
- Eggs to bind
- Creamy peanut butter to add flavor
- Vanilla to add another light layer of flavor
- Cocoa powder to add chocolate flavor to the frosting
- Milk to thin the frosting
Make Ahead Storing And Freezing
Store in an airtight container or Ziplock bag at room temperature for 2-3 days.
To freeze, flash freeze on a baking sheet until solid transfer to a Ziplock bag or airtight container and store in the freezer for 2-3 months. Remove and let thaw.
I recommend making these cookies right when or just before you want to serve them. They are best enjoyed fresh. Although they do keep for a few days to enjoy some leftover. The small batch no bake cookies is nice because you can typically enjoy them all fresh with a group of people.
You May Like: Door Co Coffee And Tea
How To Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients
These homemade peanut butter cookies can be made using ingredients that are already in your pantry. Heres what youll need to make these ultra soft peanut butter cookies:
- All-purpose flour this base builds up the structure of the cookies.
- Baking soda and baking powder these are crucial as they help the cookies to rise.
- Salt we dont add that much because theres already salt in the peanut butter.
- Unsalted butter salted butter can be used too, just omit the 1/4 tsp salt from the recipe.
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar this blend gives the cookies the perfect sweetness and the brown sugar helps keep them soft.
- Creamy peanut butter I recommend using Jif or Skippy.
- Egg this helps bind the ingredients together, youll only need 1 here.
- Vanilla extract this adds that light, classic flavor we all love. Preferably stick with the real stuff not imitation.
Scroll down for printable recipe with amounts.
Don’t Miss: Mr And Mrs Coffee Mugs
Substitution Ideas And Add
Monster cookies are one of my favorite types of cookies to help clean out my pantry and baking cabinet!
Feel free to toss in 1/2 cup of any of the following add-ins if y0ud like and scale back the amount of M& Ms by 1/2 cup:
- Milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips
- Mini versions of peanut butter cups or Rolo candies, halved or quartered as desired
- Pretzel rods or mini pretzel twists
- Potato chips for a salty-sweet treat
- Breakfast cereal such as Special K, Corn Flakes, or Golden Grahams
- Sprinkles such as jimmies or sprinkle sanding sugar over the tops before baking
- Halloween add edible sugar eyes after baking
- Christmas monster cookies use red and green M& Ms and/or add red and green sprinkles
- Valentines monster cookies use red, pink, and white M& Ms and/or add edible sugar hearts
- Easter or Mothers Day use pastel colored M& Ms
Why Are My No Bake Cookies Crumbly
The biggest problem most people seem to have when making no bake cookies is getting dry, crumbly cookies or sticky, gooey cookies that don’t set up right. There are two main causes that I am aware of.
Read Also: Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha Creamer
How To Make Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
Combine the butter, sugar, and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high to high heat .
Stir frequently to prevent burning or boiling over!
Once the syrup is at a full rolling boil, stir and cook for 1 minute then remove from heat.
Add the vanilla and cocoa, stir until the syrup is smooth.
Add the quick oats and stir until evenly coated with the syrup.
Drop tablespoon-sized portions onto waxed paper, use the back of a spoon to make cookie-shaped if desired.
Allow to set up for at least one hour.
No Bake Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
The classic combo of chocolate and peanut butter loaded in an easy no bake oatmeal bar!
As you guys can tell, Ive been a bit of a no-bake kick lately. I cant help it.
When the weather rises, my oven goes off. No bake desserts and crock pot dinners fill up my summer. Its just makes things a bit easier.
These bars were originally post back in 2012, but, they are so good and peanut buttery, I just had to share them you again. Also, they are no bake..the kick continues!
Peanut butter, chocolate and oatmeal make up these amazing bars. Your base is a chocolate wafer cookie and the peanut butter drizzled on top completes the package. A perfect combination.
Give them a go and let me know if you love them as much as we do!
Read Also: Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies
How This Recipe Is Healthier
Oatmeal peanut butter cookies are a treat for the healthier books. By switching out these main ingredients, were able to get a more nutrient-dense cookie!
Peanut butterWhen it comes to peanut butter, all-natural is the only way to go. Processed peanut butter brands are filled with a lot of chemicals and preservatives. Peanut butter should contain only two ingredients: peanuts and salt! By using a clean version with those two items, were able to cut out loads of additives.
Last but not least, I skipped out on the granulated sugar and used money as a sweetener. This natural swap cuts out chemicals and preservatives and provides a delicious natural honey flavor.
OatsThough not a direct swap, oats are a great alternative to flour. Using them in cookies provides loads of extra nutrients like iron, zinc, folate, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, and more.
Should I Chill Monster Cookie Dough
I almost always advocate for chilling cookie dough before baking cookies because the cookies bake up thicker and are less prone to spreading.
When chilling dough, it is always easiest to first form the balls of cookie dough, and then chill them on a large plate in the fridge.
If you chill the whole bowl of dough and then later try to scoop out and form cookie dough balls, its too much chiseling and hacking away at a big blob of rock hard dough so I dont advocate this method.
One to two hours is all this dough will need. However, you can chill the dough for up to 3 days in the fridge before baking the cookies off.
Recommended Reading: Chocolate Chip Sugar Free Cookies
Why Youll Love This Recipe
- These no bake peanut butter oatmeal balls are quick and easy.
- They only take 5 minutes to make.
- Each bite is filled with great flavors and textures.
- They are easily customizable. Feel free to use almond butter or cashew butter.
- In addition, use mini chocolate chips, chopped chocolate or white chocolate chips.
- They are great for any time of the day.
- As written, this recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Vegan, and easily made sugar free.
- Check out these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls for another delicious recipe!
Why This Recipe Works
- One pot and no oven preheating. This is a great dessert recipe if you need to satisfy your sweet tooth ASAP! Its super quick to make because you do it on the stove and its all done in one pot!
- Small batch no-bake cookies. I love being able to make these no bake cookies because its the perfect amount! This small batch no bake cookies recipe makes about 12 cookies. Just enough to enjoy, share but not having no bake cookies for days! Its the perfect small batch dessert!
- Super moist no bake cookies! Please promise me you will never make dry no-bake cookies again! This no-bake cookie recipe makes soft, creamy and rich classic no-bake cookies. Its all about getting the right amount of oats in there. The cookies will set up when they cool, you dont need a bunch of oats packed in there to help them set. That will just make the cookies dry. When you take a bite of these no bakes, it will be soft and creamy chocolate peanut butter goodness in your mouth!
Also Check: Cuisinart Coffee On Demand Coffee Maker
What Kind Of Oats Should I Use In Monster Cookies
For these soft and chewy monster cookies, I use Quaker Quick 1-Minute Oats.
I like using quick-cook style oats because it gives them a bit of texture but not as much as if you were to use old-fashioned whole grain oats.
Plus the finer texture of quick-cook minute oats helps bind the dough together so you use less flour overall.
If all you have on hand are old-fashioned whole grain oats, pulse them a couple of times in your food processor to break them down into a finer, more powdery texture.
The Best Peanut Butter Bars
These are one of my favorite all time favorite childhood treats. My mom and everyone else I know always made them. Theyre just one of those old fashioned classics!
They are perfect for parties because they make a full cookie sheet, and adults and children alike absolutely love them.
I mean, who doesnt love the chocolate and peanut butter combo, and who doesnt love cookie bars and frosting?
I made them yesterday and its one of those things where I kept going back and cutting off a thin slice, then another, then another and then I woke up for breakfast at it was the first thing I just had to have a taste of.
They really are one of the most tempting desserts youll ever make! Try them and youll see what I mean.
Also Check: Cocoa Shell Mulch Home Depot
How To Make Peanut Butter No
These no-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies are super easy to make! Heres what you need to do:
First, stir together the wet ingredients. Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt to a medium bowl
and stir until smooth.
When the wet ingredients are totally combined, stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Fold until the mixture forms a cohesive dough.
Then, shape the cookies. Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the dough. Roll it into balls, and flatten each one into a cookie shape. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper, and transfer it to the fridge to chill overnight.
Thats it! The next day, your no-bake peanut butter cookies will be ready to eat.
How To Make Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies involve a very simple recipe that includes less than 10 minutes of hands-on prep time. Well start with the liquids before rounding out the dough with oats. Well chill the dough at different points throughout to help the cookies harden up without being baked.
To begin, add the peanut butter and coconut oil to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat.
Once melted, turn off the heat and add the honey and vanilla to the pot.
Stir in the oats, and then let the batter chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Once chilled, add the chocolate chips and then form the dough into cookie shapes.
Place the cookies in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. Sprinkle with sea salt, and then enjoy!
You May Like: Dutch Bros Coffee Los Angeles