Can You Freeze White Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can freeze this dough and bake later! I like to shape the dough into balls and store them in a ziplock bag. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. I never thaw cookie dough before baking. Just bake straight from frozen and add a couple minutes to the bake time. Voila! You can also freeze the baked cookies. Seal in a ziplock bag and let thaw at room temperature. A 10 second zap in the microwave never hurt anybody either!
I seriously hope you get to try out these cookies soon! Embrace the white-chocolate-whole-flour love! Happy weekend!
What Flavor Is Red Velvet
The foundation of red velvet is cocoa powder, but vinegar and/or buttermilk are usually added which gives it that signature tangy flavor. The bit of zip helps to balance out the sweetness! Red velvet cakes and cookies are typically paired with cream cheese frosting which adds to the overall tangy flavor. So tasty!
What Makes These White Chocolate Chip Cocoa Cookies Soft
The brown sugar for one. Brown sugar makes cookies soft and moist . Also, the size of the cookies play a part here. The dough balls are 1 heaping tablespoon in size and they are not flattened before baking, therefore preventing the cookies from spreading too thin. This yields a softer texture and a decadently gooey center that tastes like brownies.
Don’t Miss: Hot Chocolate At Dunkin Donuts
How To Make This Easy Cookie Recipe
Heres how I did them
Brown sugar is key
I used 20 ounces of white chocolate, chopped fairly coarsely.
I like the huge chunks in these cookies.
Im not a huge chocolate chunk girl, but white is a whole different story.
The batter is pretty easy.
Once you get the chocolate chunks folded in, you can chill the dough OR you can bake them straight away. LOVE that option!
Form the dough into balls and place on a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. You can use a cookie scoop too, whichever you prefer!
When they bake theyll look like this
I know, right?
So you should make these for sure.
I mean, if you like white chocolate
And if you dont, Im not sure we can still be friends
I have adapted this recipe slightly over the years, based on reader feedback! Ive made chilling the dough an optional step . And I tweaked a few ingredients based on mixed results. I love this recipe and with some of your comments I think these cookies cant be beat!
What You Need To Make This Recipe
Butter I use unsalted butter because I prefer to add a small amount of additional salt. If you use salted butter make sure to reduce or omit the added salt altogether. Also always make sure your butter is at room temperature and softened before starting.
Sugar I use both white and brown sugar, white sugar adds sweetness and structure whereas brown sugar adds color and a delicious caramelized flavor.
Vanilla extract make sure to use vanilla extract and not essence which is synthetic.
Chocolate chips use your favorite white chocolate chips or you can cut up a chocolate bar into small chunks.
You May Like: Is White Chocolate Gluten Free
How To Make White Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- To start, it is always best to make sure that your eggs and butter are at room temperature if possible. You must use softened butter for this recipe.
- You can use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or a large bowl and a hand mixer to cream together both of the sugars with the butter. This part will take 2-3 minutes. You will be able to see when the butter and sugar become a light and fluffy mixture instead of small, coarse, granules.
- Once your butter and sugars are well mixed, add in both eggs and the vanilla and mix for 1-2 more minutes on medium speed until all of the egg is well incorporated.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together all of your dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 3 batches. This really helps so that flour doesn’t go flying all over the place!
- Next, stir in your white chocolate chips.
- The next step is chilling your dough! Plan ahead, because chilling really is necessary so that these cookies don’t flatten out too much. Minimum chill time is 30 minutes. You can place this dough in a large zip-top bag and refrigerate for up to 5 days, then bake later.
- Drop the dough with a cookie scoop or by heaping Tablespoons onto a large cookie sheet prepared with non-stick spray, or parchment paper.
- No need to press down on these cookies before baking!
- Once they come out of the oven, allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes then remove to a wire rack or serving plate to cool.
How To Store And Freeze Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies should be stored in an airtight container. They will stay fresh longer if they are completely cool before you pack them up. We usually add a layer of parchment paper between each row of cookies in our plastic container.
The cookies will be fresh for 2-3 days at room temperature. If you want them to last longer, you should freeze them. They will be fine in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Read Also: Cake With Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Same Dough Different Cookie
Though ultra soft-baked with chewy edges and fudge-like centers, these chocolate cookies arent anything new or groundbreaking. In fact, you might actually recognize the base dough because its been my go-to chocolate cookie for years. This is the same exact cookie dough as:
Note: The chocolate crinkle cookies and peppermint mocha cookies can over-spread as a result of the sugar coating and peppermint extract , so I leave out the milk in those versions.
And if youre looking for cookie cutter chocolate cookies, here are my chocolate sugar cookies.
Interested in freezing the baked cookies or cookie dough?
- Prep Time:3 hours, 15 minutes
- Cook Time:12 minutes
- Total Time:3 hours, 30 minutes
- Yield:2022 cookies 1x
How Do I Make The Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
You May Like: Blue Diamond Chocolate Almond Milk
Tips For The Best Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Make sure that the butter and egg are at room temperature so that they mix together smoothly.
- The key to maintaining those decadent, soft, centers in your double chocolate chip cookies is not overbaking. Remove the cookies from the oven just as the edges are starting to brown. The centers will still look soft and under-baked, but the cookies will continue to firm up as they cool.
- You don’t need to chill the dough before baking . However, if you prefer a thicker cookie that spreads less in the oven, chill the dough for at least 2 hours .
Additional Ways To Get In Touch
Online Orders & Website-Related Inquiries
Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm PT
For Product Inquiries, Compliments, or Complaints
1-888-970-697024 hours a day, 7 days a week
Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm PT
Brownie/Cake Mix Questions or Concerns
Continental Mills Consumer Response
All fields marked with an asterisk are required/mandatory
Don’t Miss: Banana Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread
More Tried And True Cookie Recipes
Theres something so irresistible about a warm, soft cookie! Especially around the holidays. Theyre so delicious and easy to make for large crowds! Here are some of my favorite cookie recipes that both my readers and I love! Theyre totally foolproof and sure to please at your next get-together!
Commonly Asked Cookie Questions
For a complete tutorial, be sure to read my post How To Freeze Cookie Dough.
Why did my cookies spread so much?
If your cookies spread or got very flat, it is likely due to one of these 8 reasons. Try reading through the list to pinpoint the problem. For this recipe in particular, it is important to start with room temperature butter and to measure the flour correctly to prevent flat cookies. If they are spreading too much, try chilling the dough for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
Why did my cookies end up
All signs point to you over-measured your flour. For best accuracy, use a kitchen scale. Or if using a measuring cup, do NOT scoop directly from the bag. Instead, spoon the flour into your cup and level it off. And do not pack it down. This will ensure you get the correct amount.Another culprit could be from over-mixing once youve added the flour. Or your oven temperature is off and they overbaked. Try using an oven thermometer to double check it that its calibrated correctly.
You May Like: Coffee Maker With Water Line
How To Make The White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Start by adding the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl, whisk together, and set aside.
Add the softened butter to a large bowl.
I say this all the time, but if you forgot to set your butter out to soften, its ok.
I have a setting on my microwave that will allow me to gently soften butter without melting it.
But, if you dont have a microwave setting, you can mix it with the electric mixer for a minute or more, on medium speed, to get it creamy.
Add the brown and white sugar to the bowl and cream.
Pour the vanilla extract and eggs into the bowl and mix well.
Add the flour mixture and mix well.
Finally, add the white chocolate chips to the bowl and mix.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Eggs: Large, room temperature eggs.
- Vanilla Extract: everything tastes better with vanilla extract.
- Sugar: You will need Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar for the cookie dough. We use Dark Brown sugar in cookies, but Light Brown Sugar will be fine if that is what you have in your pantry.
- Flour: We use All-Purpose Flour for baking cookies.
- Baking Soda: to help create a soft cookie with a little bit of rise.
- Salt: for flavor.
- Cocoa Powder: We use Hersheys Unsweetened Cocoa Powder but if you want a really dark fudgey taste you can use Dutch-process Cocoa Powder.
- White Chocolate Chips: We like both Nestles and Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips.
Read Also: Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
How To Make Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies
Even though its one of my favorite base cookie recipes, Ive never walked you through the recipe process. Well do that real quick:
Let them cool for a few minutes and experience a fudgy brownie in cookie form. I usually dont like milk with cookies, but this recipe basically demands it.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies: Ingredients & Substitutions
Let’s chat about the ingredients in this white chocolate cookies recipe, as well as possible substitutions. I always recommend following the recipe as written!
- All-purpose flour. I recommend using an unbleached, all-purpose flour to make these white chocolate chip cookies. For a gluten-free version substitute a 1:1 all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- Fine sea salt. Use fine sea salt. If using iodized table salt, decrease the amount by half.
- Salted Butter. Unsalted butter can be used in place of salted butter.
- Granulated sugar. I recommend using organic cane sugar or regular white sugar – I don’t use sugar substitutes so I can’t recommend them, but if you try it let me know in the comments.
- Light brown sugar. I don’t recommend making substitutions for the light brown sugar in this white chocolate chip cookie recipe. Using dark brown sugar works, but it will impart a bolder molasses taste.
- White chocolate chips. Use a high-quality, white chocolate chip made with real cocoa butter !! Some brands I recommend: Whole Foods 365 White Chocolate Baking Chips, Cacaoholic, and . I used Ghirardelli in this post but they’re not made with real cocoa butter!
Also Check: Cuisinart How To Clean Coffee Maker
How To Make White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
2. Add the softened butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla then the eggs one at a time.
4. Add the flour until combined.
5. Add the white chocolate chip and mix until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
6. Scoop portions of cookie dough onto a baking tray and bake until the edges are golden.
What Does Granulated Sugar Do In Baking
The size of the sugar crystals makes it perfect for aerating batters and dough during the creaming process, creating light and tender crumbs. Granulated sugar also helps cookies spread, adds a more crisp texture to cookies, and surface cracking due to crystallization, which can be desirable depending on the type.
Don’t Miss: Galletas De Chispas De Chocolate Recetas
Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips Recipes
bottom layer, unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces, plus extra for greasing pan, chopped fine bittersweet chocolate , instant espresso powder, vanilla extract, eggs , separated, table salt, light brown sugar, crumbled with fingers to remove lumps, middle layer, cocoa powder , preferably dutch-processed, water, chopped fine bittersweet chocolate
Can I Freeze White Chocolate Chip Cookies
An important question.
Say you baked a batch too many of white chocolate chip cookies. How long do they keep, and can you put them in the fridge to keep them fresh until your next snack attack?
Freezing cookies is one of the best ways to preserve these ever so addictive treats!
As long as the cookies are completely cooled, its perfectly fine to freeze them. I recommend placing them in an airtight container and arranging them in layers.
Or, if youre like me, I often enjoy them straight out of the freezer. Let your taste buds lead the way!
You May Like: Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread
Search All Of Sunset’s Recipes
Allow the caramelized chocolate to cool completely before breaking it up into chunks for the cookies.
Combine the flour, masa harina, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, whisk together, and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar for a few minutes, until fluffy and pale.
With the mixer running, add the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla. Mix until just combined.
Add the flour mixture in increments until evenly incorporated. Fold in the chopped macadamias and caramelized white chocolate pieces.
Press a plastic sheet onto the top of the dough and refrigerate the bowl for at least 30 minutes before scooping.
Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a baking sheet. Scoop the dough into 2-inch clumps and space them evenly on the prepared pan, with at least 4 inches of space between them.
Top the dough with flaky salt, if youre so inclined. Bake for 6 minutes and rotate the sheet. Bake for another 6 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly brown on the edges and just set in the middle. Cool the cookies for as long as you can stand it and serve.
How To Make Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
To be honest, by yesterday I was totally done with my holiday baking. I’ve made multiple batches of sugar cookies and shortbread cookies I’ve made multiple batches of my grandmother’s bourbon balls I’ve decorated gingerbread cut-outs and gingerbread houses with the kids and I’ve consumed more than my fair share of cookie dough. But, it just wouldn’t be the holidays without at least one batch of cranberry white chocolate chip cookies. These are the Christmas cookies that my family looks forward to all year long!
Don’t Miss: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars No Bake
Can I Freeze The Cookie Dough
Yes, and I would suggest rolling the cookie dough into balls and placing them into a freezer-safe container, that way you can pull them straight out of the freezer and bake them.
Be sure to give them a few more minutes to bake if you are taking them straight from the freezer to the oven.
The cookies can be frozen for about two months. Its great to be able to make them in advance, freeze them, and then pull them out around the holidays and bake them, so youre not in a rush.
You can also bake the cookies first and then freeze them. You can freeze them for about one month.