White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe
The Shortcut Kitchen GG | June 24, 2021
Decadent and delicious, this White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe will quickly satisfy any sugar craving.
These bakery-style white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are the best ever. They combine the crunchy creaminess of the macadamia nuts, with the silky sweet smoothness of white chocolate. Add that to a soft and chewy sugar cookie dough, and you have a recipe for success.
More Nut Recipes For You To Love
Get your sweet and salty fix with these chewy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies with crisp edges. Tickle your loved ones pink and bake a batch today.
- Beth Pierce
- Total Time:26 minutes plus chilling time
- Yield:30 cookies 1x
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup unsalted butter softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
How To Make Macadamia Nut Cookies
Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl and set it aside.
In a larger mixing bowl combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, and eggs.
Add in the vanilla and mix well.
Add in the flour mixture and mix again.
Stir in the nuts and the chocolate chips.
Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto the baking sheet. For larger cookies, you can use a 3tbsp scoop and for smaller ones use a 1 1/2 tbsp sized scoop.
Add in a few more white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts to the top of each cookie dough ball before baking.
Bake in an oven set at 350 degrees F. Large cookies will bake in about 12-14 minutes and smaller cookies bake in about 9-11 minutes.
Leave the cookies on the tray for 5 minutes to finish cooking and start cooling enough for easy transfer.
Transfer cookies to a rack to finish cooling completely. Enjoy!
Also Check: Nature Valley Granola Bars Dark Chocolate
How To Freeze Cookies
- To freeze baked cookies: Batch cook the cookies and then freeze them. Defrost and enjoy with a glass of cold milk or some berry lemonade.
- To freeze unbaked cookies: To make a small batch at a later date, form the dough into balls without baking. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place them in a freezer. Once they have frozen, remove them from the sheet and place them in a freezer bag.
- To bake frozen cookie dough: When you are ready for a warm cookie from the oven , remove cookies and place them on a parchment-lined pan for baking. No need to defrost. Cook for 10-12 minutes. They may need a little longer because they are cold. Watch them closely to make sure they dont burn. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies also work well for freezing.
How To Store White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
These white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies taste just as good for a few days after you bake them as long as you store them properly!
- On the Counter: Store them in an airtight container on your counter. To keep them soft, I like to put a slice of bread with the cookies in the container! The bread will dry out and allow the cookies to maintain their moisture.
- In the Freezer: After your cookies have cooled then store them in a ziplock bag. Label it with the date and your cookies will last about a month! When youre ready to eat them then just take them out of the freezer and let them sit on your counter for about 10 minutes.
You May Like: How To Make Iced Coffee From Keurig
How To Make White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
What I have never understood about my love for these cookies is that I am not the hugest fan of white chocolate to begin with. Oh I will eat it, happily, but it’s never my first choice. However when you pair it with buttery vanilla cookies and luxuriously rich macadamia nuts suddenly I will eat a white chocolate chip cookie over all else.
These are the BEST white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies that you are ever going to eat. I’ve tweaked my recipe so that they aren’t the paper thin cookies that bakeries and stores usually sell these are large and in charge macadamia nut cookies. They are thick and chewy. They are freaking amazing, is what they are.
Why Youll Love This White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: Theres nothing complicated about this cookie recipe. They take 10 minutes to make and 10 minutes to bake.
- KID FRIENDLY: Kids will obviously love eating these, but they can help you make them too!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Made with everyday baking staples, youre likely to have a lot of the ingredients on hand already.
Make up a big batch of these cookies and enjoy them throughout the festive season. Of course, you can make them anytime the cookie craving strikes!
Recommended Reading: Mr And Mrs Coffee Mugs
How To Make Soft White Chocolate Chip And Macadamia Nut Cookies
How To Enjoy Homemade Cookies Anytime
You can enjoy fresh baked cookies anytime with a little technique called flash freezing. Simply prepare the dough according to the instructions. Then scoop the cookie dough onto parchment covered baking sheets. Make sure the dough ball are not touching. Place on a level surface in the freezer. Once they are frozen transfer the balls to a freezer zipper bag.
When you want fresh baked cookies simply take out the amount you want and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Let them sit on the counter while the oven preheats. Bake for about 2-3 minutes longer than listed in the recipe depending on how much they thawed while the oven was preheating.
Read Also: How To Open Coffee Shop
Can I Freeze The Cookie Dough
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for up to three months. Scoop the dough into balls and place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Once they are frozen, place them into a freezer-safe airtight bag.
When youre ready to bake the cookies, place the frozen cookie dough on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper, and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
Best Macadamia Nuts To Use
I LOVE using salted dry-roasted macadamia nuts in white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. The roasted salty flavor pairs beautifully with the extra sweet white chocolate morsels you wont regret it!
- Prep Time:2 hours, 15 minutes
- Cook Time:12 minutes
- Total Time:2 hours, 30 minutes
- Yield:30 cookies 1x
Read Also: Cake With Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Everything Old Is New Again
My websites archives are filled with over 1,000 recipes. Some of my earlier recipes are total hidden gems, but there are others that Ive felt needed some work. Ive been working behind the scenes updating older recipes as I find necessary. Most notable updates: peanut butter cupcakes, monkey bread, and yellow cupcakes.
Todays white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are part of this project. I craved a thicker cookie with softer, chewier centers and a distinct buttery flavor. There wasnt much in this recipe that really needed to change, so I just made a couple minor tweaks.
Theyre now perfect.
But What Makes These The Best
When you make a classic cookie recipe your own you better make the tweaks worth it! But dont worry, I have only switched up a few steps to not only make them easier, but extra delicious!
Don’t Miss: Chocolate Chip Sugar Free Cookies
How Do I Make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
How To Make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies From Scratch
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
How long do these macadamia cookies last?
Once your cookies have fully cooled, transfer them to an airtight container. They will keep well at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can store them in the fridge, but they tend to dry out a little.
Can you freeze white chocolate macadamia nut cookies?
Get ahead with your holiday baking and make a batch and freeze them. Let them cool completely and then freeze solid on a baking sheet before transferring to a freezer bag or container. They will keep well for 3 months and can be thawed at room temperature.
Can you use different chocolate in cookies?
If you arent a fan of white chocolate, you can easily make these cookies with milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips instead.
Can you make these cookies with other nuts?
I love the texture and flavor of macadamia nuts, but you can easily substitute them for others you have in your pantry. Almonds, walnuts or pecans all make excellent choices.
Don’t Miss: Door Co Coffee And Tea
How To Make White Chocolate Macadamias Cookies Recipe
Plan Ahead: You will need to chill the cookie dough so plan ahead before you make them to allow for at least two hours of chilling time. You can also make the dough and chill it overnight.
Creaming Butter and Sugar: Combine the melted butter with both sugars in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
Adding Dry Ingredients: Add the baking soda and salt. Slowly mix in the flour and stir until the batter is smooth and combined. Slowly mix in the chopped nuts and white chocolate chips.
Scoop and Chill: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and form each dough ball with two tablespoons of the dough. Place them on the sheet and chill them for at least two hours.
Bake: Once chilled, place the balls on another parchment-lined cookie sheet spaced two inches apart. Bake the cookies for 11 to 15 minutes or until the edges are light golden and the tops are no longer glossy.
Note: be sure that there are no tips of white chocolate chips sticking up those tend to get too brown in the oven.
How To Make These Cookies
To make this white chocolate macadamia nut cookie recipe, youll start by whisking together your flour, baking soda, and salt. This will help ensure that the baking soda and salt are mixed evenly throughout the cookie dough. Once the dry ingredients are mixed together, set them aside and prepare the wet ingredients.
For the wet ingredients, start by creaming together two sticks of butter with some brown sugar and granulated sugar. This should only take about 1 to 2 minutes, you just want these three ingredients to be thoroughly mixed together. Next, beat in two eggs, one at a time, then mix in the vanilla extract.
Once the wet ingredients are mixed up, add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix the two together until just combined. Finally, toss in the white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts and mix them in on low-speed until theyre fully incorporated into the cookie dough.
After the dough is mixed together, it should look like the picture above. At this point, I recommend chilling the cookie dough for at least 2 hours. Chilling your cookie dough allows the flavors in the cookies to come together and it also prevents your cookies from spreading too much as theyre baking in the oven.
Once the dough is chilled, scoop it with a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop onto baking sheets, making sure to leave some room between each ball of cookie dough. You should get close to 4 dozen cookies in total.
Read Also: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Who Invented These Cookies
While white chocolate chips where invented in the 1930s, macadamia nuts did not become commercially available until the miid seventies. The first white chocolate macadamia cookies appear in the 1980s but I have yet to find a specific inventor for this recipe. Let me know in the comments if you have the answer!
How To Store Macadamia Nut Cookies
Store leftover vegan cookies inside a sealed container at room temperature. They will keep fresh for about 3-4 days.
If you would like to store the cookies longterm, you can freeze the cookie dough or the already-baked cookies. For cookie dough, place balls inside a sealed ziplock bag. For cookies, simply place them inside a ziplock bag. Squeeze as much extra air out of the bag as possible before placing in the freezer. They will keep for up to 3 months.
You May Like: Hersheys Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
What Makes A Great Macadamia Nut Cookie
Im sure opinions on this vary, but for me they should be soft and chewy, lightly crispy on the edges and have lots of flavor! To get these important cookie qualities, lets chat about the ingredients a bit.
- Butter Obviously necessary in cookies and adds great buttery flavor to these.
- Sugar These cookies use both brown and white sugar in these. All brown sugar would be a little much, but you definitely want plenty of it to give that really classic and almost caramel-y flavor to these cookies.
- Eggs Youll find a full egg plus an egg yolk in these cookies. The extra egg yolk helps add moisture and chewiness to these cookies.
- Baking soda Im a big fan of it in cookies. Baking powder can be appropriate sometimes, but I often find that the best and chewiest cookies use baking soda. They also stay softer and chewier for longer.
- Flour All purpose is used here and you want to be sure to measure this correctly. A food scale would be super helpful and is most accurate. Remember how I said small differences make a big difference in cookies? Flour is one of those places it makes the biggest difference.
Pro Tips For This Recipe
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you dont have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- If you want a shortcut, you can totally make these cookies with 1 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate.
- Transfer frozen dough balls to a freezer-safe plastic bag, and stash in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Sprinkle with flaked salt before baking for a extra kick of flavor. This is especially good if your nuts are unsalted.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Chocolate Graham Crackers